mingi || return

Dedicated to d0mang_galkkA
____________________________________

You hesitantly walked over to the KQ Entertainment building, heart pounding in your chest. You had done an audition to become a trainee a few weeks ago, but never thought you'd actually make it. You were flattered when you found out they were impressed by your dancing skills. It seemed so unreal.

After taking a deep breath, you walked over to the entrance building. Before you reached the doors, your phone beeped in your pocket. You stopped to take it out.

It was a message from your mom.

Mom:
Good luck Honey! I believe in you

You smiled at your phone. Your mom was always so supportive of you. She was the one who encouraged you to do the audition and follow your dream of becoming a dancer.

"Oh hello there, you must be y/n."
You looked up from your phone into the eyes of a young Korean woman. She was casually dressed, like someone who had just finished a dance practice. She must also be a dancer here.
"H-hi, yes I am," you stuttered.
She chuckled. "I'm Mi-Sun. Nice to meet you."
She stretched out her hand for you to shake.
"Nice to meet you too," you smiled, shaking her hand.

"Now come on, let me show you around."

You followed Mi-Sun into the building, astonished by the size of it. Maybe it was just because you weren't used to strolling around in entertainment buildings.

"So down this hallway is the dance studio and Hongjoong's recording studio. ATEEZ's dorms are upstairs, and our dorms are on the other side of the building," Mi-Sun explained as you passed through the different sections of the building. It would probably take a while to find your way around. And of course to get to know everyone. You had no clue who Hongjoong was but he must be important if he had his own recording studio.

"You aren't very talkative, are you?"

You snapped out of your thoughts. "Oh," you chuckled nervously. "Let's just say I'll talk more when I get comfortable around you, okay?"
Mi-Sun laughed, a bright smile covering her face.
"Okay! But just know that if you need someone to talk to that I'll be right here," she smiled.
"Thanks."

You two continued to navigate through the building, Mi-Sun knowing exactly where she was heading while you had no clue.

She finally stopped. "Here are the female trainee dorms, including ours," she said, pointing to a row of closed doors. She took out a key from her pocket. "And we are dorm mates," she smiled, handing you the key.
"Which number?" you asked.
"Number eight."
"Okay."
"Are you coming then?" Mi-Sun waved for you to follow her.

You were greeted by a stylish space with two separate bedroom areas, a shared bathroom and a small living area.

"It's nice, right?" Mi-Sun asked with a grin.
"Are you kidding me? This isn't just nice, it's fantastic," you laughed.

"But not everything can always be nice, so let me get down to the boring part," Mi-Sun said as she carried a stack of paper to the coffee table. Your eyes widened at the sight.
"These are all the rules of the company; the do's and do not's, you get the idea. And if you don't already know, you are going to be a backup dancer for Ateez."