wooyoung || daisies

Dedicated to toxichollandPS go check out her Wooyoung imagines book!

Note: Kyungmin is supposed to be six years old in this imagine.
____________________________________

Third person-narrative

"Woo! Woo!" Kyungmin shouted as he excitedly ran up to his older brother. He was all dressed up and ready for school, with his backpack in hand to pack his lunch.
"Did you hear?" he asked when he arrived next to the couch where Wooyoung was seated.

"Hear what?" Wooyoung asked, playfully reaching out to tickle Kyungmin.
"Hey, stop!" the little boy giggled.
"Okay okay." Wooyoung lifted his hands up in defence, a smile playing at his lips. "Now what was it you wanted to tell me?"

Kyungmin sat down on the couch, looking up at his brother with beaming eyes.
"We're getting a new teacher."
"Really?" Wooyoung gasped.
Kyungmin nodded.

"Are you excited to meet her?"
"Yes!" Kyungmin enthusiastically threw his arms up in the air.
"I bet she's gonna be awesome."

"Kyungmin! Come pack your lunch for school!"
The two boys turned around at the sound of their mother's voice.

"Coming, Eomma!"

Wooyoung watched his little brother sprinting off to the kitchen.
"Yah, Wooyoung, be a darling and take Kyungmin to school," his mom said, eyeing him up and down. "You need the exercise." Even though she mumbled those last words, Wooyoung didn't miss them and smiled to himself. She wasn't afraid to say what's on her mind.

"Come on, Kyu. Let's get you to school."
With an apple in one hand, and the other holding tightly onto Woo's hand, Kyungmin ventured out of the house, eager to meet his new teacher.

"There's the school!" Kyungmin pointed at the upcoming brick building with his tiny finger.
"I see it," Wooyoung chuckled.
"I can go on on my own now. See you later, big brother!"
Kyungmin skipped away before suddenly stopping and turning around. He had to tell his brother something important first.

With open arms he ran back to Wooyoung and embraced him in a hug.
"I love you, big brother."
"I love you too, Kyu."

The brothers waved goodbye to each other and each continued their separate ways.

•••

Y/n's POV

"Ha, gotcha." You carefully placed the miniature flower vase back onto your desk from where you had accidentally knocked it off. You had caught it just before the fragile glass could hit the floor. The last thing you needed on your first day was to make a mess.

"Okay, just stay calm," you commanded yourself. It was almost time for the classes to begin and kids were gathering outside already, running around and screaming excitedly.

You peeked through the window to see a few kids sitting quietly on a bench, while others looked like they already had a sugar rush. Others were saying goodbye to their parents or guardians.

One specific boy caught your attention. He was happily skipping through the school gates when he suddenly stopped and looked back. You watched him run back to someone outside the school grounds, hugging them close to him. The gesture warmed your heart.

The school bell echoed through the classroom. Time for school to start.

You took a deep breath and walked over to the classroom door. There was no telling how the kids would react to you, but you were looking forward to the path you were going to walk with them. With a smile, you opened up the door, meeting several grinning faces.