hongjoong || hickeys

a/n - yes, this imagine gets a lil steamy ~

____________________________________

Two arms wrapped around my waist from behind and a chin rested on my shoulder. My breath hitched in my throat.

"Hello y/n," Hongjoong whispered in a low voice. His voice sent shivers down my spine. I could hear the smirk in his voice, something I've gotten used to a lot recently.

"Yah, behave yourself Hongjoong!" Seonghwa scolded the male from where he sat in front of his laptop. I felt my cheeks turn red under his gaze, although the stern look was meant for Hongjoong. Finally Hongjoong's hands left my waist, and I could swear Seonghwa noticed the disappointment on my face.

"She's my best friend, Seonghwa. Am I not allowed to hug her?"
"There's a difference between hugging her and holding her," Seonghwa replied while lifting an eyebrow.
I watched the two boys bicker, Seonghwa stating that Hongjoong held me, and Hongjoong trying to convince him otherwise.

"That's enough you two. You can continue your fight after I leave." They looked at me with a surprised expression, which soon turned into one of embarrassment. The two boys mumbled a sorry. Seonghwa turned back to his laptop and Hongjoong pulled me out of the room by the hand without another word.

Thinking back to the past few years in our friendship, Hongjoong was never the affectionate kind. But recently it was as if a new side of him was born, one that craved physical touch. He was particularly touchy with me, even if it was only hugs or holding my hand.

I'd often spend nights thinking about why he was suddenly like this, but it was probably nothing. I shouldn't get my hopes up.

"Hongjoong, what are you doing?" I chuckled, feeling his hand tighten around mine.
"Taking you where Seonghwa won't have a problem with us."

Us.

He brought me to his studio, closing the door behind him.

"Oh hi you two."
Both Hongjoong and I turned in the direction of the new voice. It was San, watching us with a frown instead of his usual pretty smile.

"San? What are you doing in my studio?"
Hongjoong crossed his arms. He looked a little annoyed if you asked me. Actually, they both did.
"Looking for you of course, hyung. Oh and I figured y/n would be with you too, so I have a question for her." San narrowed his eyes at Hongjoong for a brief moment.

"Y-yeah?" I stuttered.
He teared his gaze away from Hongjoong, and offered a kind smile. "Do you want to come with me to Seoul Plaza tonight?" San tilted his head to the side, waiting for an answer. Before I could speak, Hongjoong stepped before me and answered the question on my behalf.

"No she can't come, because we're having a movie night." His voice was firm and dominant.
What? I immediately looked at him, confusion written all over my face. When he nudged me, I caught onto his drift.

San's gaze travelled from Hongjoong to me and back. "I was just asking, hyung. No need to get aggressive." He raised his voice. "And I'm sure she can answer for herself."

I noticed Hongjoong gritting his teeth and forcing a smile. "She'll give you the same answer I gave you."
The air was growing heavy with tension as the two glared at each other. Hongjoong's tiny hands were now balled into fists.

What is with all the conflict today?

"Stop acting like she's yours, hyung," San spat. I was taken back by San's words. Hongjoong seemed shocked too. I knew this was my cue to step in between the two boys, before things got out of hand.