Gently, she wiped Swara's tears. Swara looked at him and smiled through her tears

"Sorry! I spoiled the moment!" She said.

"You made it the most precious one!" Sanskar replied.

There was a lot of tears in bidaai. Both Ragini and Swara were crying their hearts out. And then, they headed to their new journey.

It was night. Reception just got over. Both the couples were tired from the functions and ceremony. It did not matter how modern family you get, it's the duty of a bride only to greet everyone with smile, forgetting all the pains and tiredness. And so were Swara and Ragini doing. Relatives were not ready to leave them. Even Sujata and Annapurna hint many times to them to go to their rooms. But the ladies who were elder to them were not ready to listen.

Sitting in bridal attire, Swara was feeling more tired than usual. She looked at Ragini too whose eyes were on the verge of closing. But they couldn't do anything.

Suddenly, Swara got startled by a hustle. 

"Ma! Come fast!" Laksh's voice echoed in hall. The voice had visible worry. Raginj held Swara's hand and looked up. Laksh's worried face was visible from upstairs.

Swara wanted to go and so did Ragini. But they were stopped by relatives again.

Both Sujata and Annapurna ran upstairs followed by Ram. There was visible worry on the faces of brides.

Witnessing their worry, Piya, the same cousin who pranked Sanskar with jhumk scene, came near them and said, "Don't worry! I will inform you in a minute."

She was about to go but the hall got silent suddenly. Durga Prasad's sister, Parvati, was running down the stairs in a angry face. Ram and Durga Prasad were following her too.

"Didi! Wait!" Ram was saying but Durga prasad stopped Ram in between.

"Parvati! Train is in the morning. Going to station this time will not be a good thing." Durga Prasad said garnering the glares from everyone. Why was he not stopping his own sister who was going away in such an anger. Parvati's husband, Ramkant stood up. He was completely unaware of the matter.

"Bhai sahab! What happened?" He asked Durga Prasad.

"Jijaji! I am sorry to say, but even in these many years, my sister couldn't gain even a single bite of your manners." Durga Prasad said looking at Parvati angrily.

"What happened exactly?" Another relative asked.

"I did not want to disclose it. But whatever happened was wrong!" Durga Prasad said, "I won't tolerate nonsense in this house, not now, not ever again."

Parvati's angry glare ranged from Durga Prasad to Ram and then, to everyone's surprise, stopped at Swara. For the first time in her life, Swara felt thr heat of somebody's anger. She now realised how Parvati was talking only to Ragini and not her in the whole marriage.

She turned towards Ragini who was well aware of this and forwarded her hand silently to her. Swara clutched to her hand tightly.

"Didi! You are scaring Swara!" Ram said, "I request you not to do this!"

"My elder brother never listened to me! But you, you always used to listen to me! What happened to you?" Parvati had started to spit venom.

"Didi! Please! You are thinking wrong!" Sujata, who just came downstairs was trying to calm her down.

"What happened? Will anybody tell me?" Ramakant said, this time in a higher voice.

Suddenly, all the atmosphere get silent. From the stairs, Sanskar was coming down. His left leg had a crape bandage and he was walking slowly. Laksh was holding him gently.