↳ 16. 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

Start from the beginning

Grabbing her bag, keys, coat she shoved her feet in her shoes and headed out the door. The drive would take her about thirty five minutes if she didn't catch traffic maybe longer. She didn't want to be later, but she also didn't want to be spending ninety minutes trying to "talk about feelings".

Underneath the overcast London sky, Aelina sat in her black Porsche, her hands gripping the steering wheel. London's bustling streets seemed to mirror the chaotic jumble of emotions within her. Aelina's thoughts swirled with apprehension. The prospect of discussing her deepest emotions was daunting, and what made it even more challenging was the knowledge that Oscar, would be in the same room.

The traffic moved at its sluggish London pace, giving Aelina too much time to dwell on the impending session. The therapist's office loomed ahead; a discreet facade tucked away in a quiet corner of the city. Aelina parked the car and took a deep breath, a mix of anticipation and reluctance swirling in her chest.

The door to the therapist's building chimed softly, Aelina smiled at the guard from last time and headed to the elevator. Once she reached the floor, she walked towards the waiting room adorned with muted colors and soothing artwork. However, her anxiety towards today's session intensified as she saw Oscar seated across the room, scrolling through his phone. Their eyes met briefly, and a tense acknowledgment passed between them. But then Oscar smirked, the same wicked smile he gave her every time he saw her.

"Hello firecracker," Oscar said.

"Must you?"

"Yes, I must."

Aelina rolled her eyes but before she could say anything Dr Gantry stepped out ushering the two of them into her office. They exchanged greetings and small questions before Dr. Gantry folded her arms and looked at them like an angry high school principal.

"So, let's talk about the incomplete assignment."

"We tried okay," Aelina said. "It's not as easy as you think."

"I understand Aelina but there is a reason I wanted you both to go over those questions and you both choosing not to do them is just making this harder for the both of you. Now I have to use an active session to make sure every question is answered, and you both learn something g from the other."

"But—"

"That's not—"

"Nope, neither of you gets to argue about it. Pull out the questionary and finish it."

Aelina groaned and pulled out the sheet with the questions, she had crossed out the one they already answered.

What's your earliest childhood memory?
Where's your favorite place you've ever been on vacation?
What was your favorite TV show?
What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
Did you have a pet?
What did you want to be when you grew up?
What is your favorite family tradition?
What was your least favorite food ?
What is your most-used emoji?
If you were stuck on a deserted island, would you want to be alone or with an ex?
If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

What is one of your worst fears?
What is the most important thing still on your bucket list?
What is your greatest personal success?
If you had to pick another career, what would it be?
How do you deal with change?
Who was your most influential role model?

"How do you want us to go about this?"

"One of you will start, ask the question then both provided an answer and then move to next question, and I want you to star from the top," Dr Gantry said.

Oscar and Aelina exchanged a look before she nodded, and he started.

"What's your earliest childhood memory?"