morgue files

"Here" Shoko hands you a coffee, you smile thanking her

"It's cold in here," you tell her as you sit in her little morgue room just hanging out with her since everything that happened and returning to the school, she keeps you grounded and sane.

"Well, helps keep things fresh" she says, pulling out a heavy metal tray. A body covered in a sheet.

"Huh disturbing but cool," you tell her with a smile

She smirks, putting on latex gloves.

"Hey, is it weird? I wanna lay on one of those tables." You ask her

"Huh? You mean the morgue table. Alive or dead "? She asks you, unbothered and dark, humoured as usual.

"Hmm, either way is fine it just looks peaceful" you tell her

She laughs at you. "You're so strange, Yn."

"You're telling me you've never taken a nap on one of the metal tables?" You ask her sipping your coffee

She stays silent, not wanting to admit if she has or not.

The door suddenly swings open. A small, moody child with spikey black hair and the one and only Satoru Gojo come in, he's smiling brightly as he greets Shoko.

You look at him with annoyance. You're still uncomfortable around him since the whole memory wipe slash Suguru Geto thing. He looks over you with a pleasant smile.

"Alright, Kid, this is the morgue ooo," Satoru says, using spirit fingers as he shows the kid the room.

"You really brought a kid here?" Asks Shoko crossing her arms and making sure the corpse is still covered in a sheet.

"This charming lady is Ieiri Shoko. She's a peach. If you ever need anything, go to her."

She smiles at the kid. "And who might this be?"

"This is Megumi," Satoru explains, patting the head of the kid roughly.

"Who's that?" The kid asks bluntly

Satoru looks to where he's poiting. At you

"Oh Yn, she's cool. Don't let her intimidate you she's harmless," Satoru says, giving you a playful smirk

You sigh, standing up
"I was just leaving" you say

"Already?" Shoko asks

"Oh right I actually had something to ask" you tell Shoko, getting close to her to speak in a quiet voice

She kinda seems taken back with how close you got to her

"Yeah"?

You take a deep breath. It was time you finally decided you were gonna ask, just ask. Where is Suguru Geto's body.

"Yaga thinks it's a bad idea to know, but please, where is he buried?" You ask softly so only she can hear you.

Megumi and Satoru share a look of confusion about what you might be whispering.

Shoko looks a little stunned since she was spared the pain of retrieving the body of one of her closest friends she didn't know.

She gives you a look of empathy, looking sorry to have to tell you the truth

"I don't know," she answers, matching your soft spoken tone.

You look at her, confused, wanting to question her further, but Satoru pushes his big head in the way.

"What are you two whispering about?"
Shoko glares at him for interrupting

You sigh, folding your arms, more so to comfort yourself. You can feel yourself getting upset knowing you should leave

"Nothing, it's okay" you answer, turning to head off

"Yn wait," Shoko says regaining your attention

You turn to look at her once again, her tired eyes gleaming with regret
"Im sorry," she says

"It's not your fault," you tell her, leaving the room. You excuse yourself past the kid and leave.

Satoru scratches his head. "What was that about" ? He asks Shoko confused about the girls interaction.

"It clearly didn't involve you" Megumi says with attitude.

Satoru looks to the kid with a laugh
"Shoko wanna take the kid for the day"?

He asks her with pleading eyes

"This isn't really a place for kids"
She answers bluntly

Satoru starts making his way to the door
"Great thankyou" he says, leaving with that same idiotic smirk.

As soon as he leaves the room his smile falters as he worries about Yn, the women who knew nothing of, well technically the woman he had no memory off yet captured the heart of his deceased beat friend and seemed to avoid him to great lengths.