Chapter 2

Howling 2

Deep in the mountain on a hot summer morning, a community of beast folks are already going on with their day. The beast folk were human but had animal traits; this was a village of wolf people. They had the ears and tails of wolves. In a large wooden house that resembles a Native American longhouse, a young girl with grayish-white hair sleeps. "Wake up, dear," a soft voice said.

The sleeping girl slowly begins to wake up; she opens her eyes and sees a woman standing over her. The woman has white hair and fair skin; her eyes are blue. She wore animal skin clothes like native Americans. The woman smiled as the girl woke up.

She was also a beast person; she had wolf ears and a tail, "Adolpha, it's time to get up; come, sweetie, it's time to go; your father is outside waiting." Adolpha was the young girl sleeping. She was also a part of her race. Adolpha was about ten years old; she woke up remembering they were going camping. She was excited.

Adolpha gets out of bed and changes; she wears clothes made of animal skin like the woman. "Mother, you should have woken me up earlier." The woman was her mother. Adolpha brushes her short grayish-white hair. "Come on, let's go," said a loud man, "Sierra, are they not ready?"

Sierra, Adolpha's mother, walked over to a bed on the other side of the room; she told someone else to wake up. Adolpha ready hears a boy's voice, "MMM, just a couple of more minutes." "No, we don't have time for that," said Sierra; she removed the blankets. A boy with the same traits as them was still sleeping.

The boy looks for his blanket; Sierra laughs, "How can this boy sleep with sheets on hot days like this?" "Ardolph, Adolpha, get up; we need to get going," said the loud man. Adolpha runs and jumps on the boy, "Ardolph, get up! We need to go!" The boy screams as he wakes up, Ardolph, Adolpha's older brother.

"Get off," he said; Sierra got angry with them, "Knock it off, Adolpha, apologize; Ardolph, get up; your father is waiting." Ardolph sits up; he stretches and yawns loudly. Ardolph gets out of bed and gets ready. Ardolph looks to be in his teens; he has a well-shaped body with some scars. He puts on clothes similar to them.

"How was practice," asked Sierra. Ardolph finished preparing; his hair and tail hair were messy, "It was hard; the other warriors wanted us to fail." Sierra smiled; she told him to give it his best. They finally leave the house. The sun beams on their faces. They see a large, muscular man standing before them when they get adjusted. The man has long grayish-black hair; his tail hair matches his hair, and his ears look more distinct; the man turns to the kids. He is a brown-eyed, tan-skinned man with scars all over his chest and arms; he wears bone necklaces and pants of animal hide. His shoes were also animal, and he had colorful bands on his biceps.

"Father, we are ready! Let's go," Adolpha said excitedly. The man was their father; he didn't look happy. Adolpha runs towards him and hugs him; he smiles and laughs. Ardolph taps him on the shoulder. "All right, let's get going." He picks up what looks like a backpack full of supplies.

They began to walk along a walkway. The village people greeted them, "Good morning, Chief Alarick," "Chief Alarick, good morning," "Morning, Chief." They greeted the children and his wife. Alarick, chief of the Gray Clan, because of their hair color.

The Gray Clan lived like native Americans; they lived in communities. There were gatherers, fishermen, hunters, and artisans; women cleaned, prepared food, and made other things. Chief Alarick greeted them; some villagers asked the children where they were going. Adolpha happily replied they were going camping.

The villagers told them to have fun; as they made their way to the village entrance, some of the people gave them some food to take. A group of warriors approached Chief Alarick; they were the strongest warriors in the village. Ardolph wanted to be like them.