Chapter 6

Howling 6

After pulling themselves together, Sam and Mike enter the house, shaken. Wolf had scared them when he crept up on them; they brought in the supplies. They walk to the kitchen, where Victoria, the head maid, talks to the girls. "Okay, we need to make sure she stays healthy. Adolpha will need plenty to eat." Mike and Sam set the supplies down, "We got everything you asked for." Victoria looks at them.

Mike didn't like how she was staring at them; he made an awkward look. Victoria asked them to follow her; they headed to the living room. "Whatever it is, we didn't do it," Mike says. Sam agrees, "We are innocent." Victoria told them to quiet down.

She stared at them again. Mike and Sam get nervous. "What I am going to tell you will shock you. This puts everyone at risk of death." Mike and Sam look at each other. Victoria breathes deeply. "Mike, Sam, Adolpha is pregnant." It took a second; Sam became excited, "WOW, wonderful." Mike has a look of despair.

"Isn't it a joyous celebration, Mike; why the long face?" Mike looks at Sam and smacks him on the head, "You idiot, this is bad." "Why did you hit me?" Mike explains the trouble the two will be in. Sam becomes frightened, "What are we going to do, Mike?" "I don't know; if the girl is pregnant and Captain Harris finds out..." "What did you say," Victoria asks, shocked.

Mike laughs awkwardly, "A messenger delivered a letter to us; it said that Captain Harris would be coming. He is Lord Michael's guest." Victoria thinks, "Captain Harris, Lord Michael's most trusted business partner. A man as villainous as him." Victoria told them they should be prepared to get punished, "I am afraid that this isn't looking good; as I said before, I will ensure the safety of the girls."

Mike and Sam were concerned. Victoria told them to continue working; they should mind their own business and let them take care of Adolpha. Mike gets upset. He yells at her about being a bossy old woman. Victoria slaps him across the face, "Listen, I have held my tongue about how you have handled your work; I let your selfish antics run on for long enough. This matter cannot be overlooked!"

Mike was scared; he held his face. The other maids were quietly hearing all this. Wolf was outside, but he heard them yelling. Victoria leaves them and heads to her room. Sam tries to comfort Mike. Mike was upset; he sat on the couch and asked Sam to get him something to drink. After some time, Mike had cooled off; he was thinking about what to do. Sam was scared and only thought about how they were going to die. Mike thought of something, "What if she wasn't pregnant?"

Sam looks at Mike, "What, but she is." Mike makes an evil expression. He whispers his thoughts in Sam's ear. Sam becomes shocked and says he won't do it. "It is the only way; come think about it," Mike said. Sam stares at Mike, disappointed; he leaves the room. Mike gets upset with Sam.

The maids took food to Adolpha; they saw how happy she seemed. Adolpha smiled at them, which was new to them. The maids made small talk; Wolf heard and listened to them talk. The maids asked Adolpha if she was going to keep the baby. This confused her; one of the maids reminded her about Lord Michael.

Adolpha got worried. She then remembered her mother talking about when she was born: "I was so happy. You and your brother mean the world to me. Adolpha, when you become a mother, you will see how wonderful it is." Adolpha looks at them, "I am not afraid." The maids look at each other; they look at Adolpha and encourage her.

Wolf had left; he was at his campsite. He was lost in thoughts. He remembers doing all kinds of evil deeds for Lord Michael; he didn't think about anything. Wolf then thinks about Captain Harris, who made him the way he is. Wolf looks at the cabin; he thinks about Adolpha and the baby.

Adolpha was alone in the cabin; she talked to her belly, all happy. She looked at the drawing on the wall and explained to it, "This is Ardolph, and he is dumb; he may be your uncle, but he is a slow warrior. Next to him is me, when I was small, HAHAHA... Mother... Father..." She began to tear up.