Chapter 5

Howling 5

Wolf gets covered by hair everywhere; his face turns more like an animal's. He had grown taller and more muscular. Edward could not believe it; he was scared. Wolf stared at Edward menacingly. Edward draws Mana, multiple magic circles form.

"Fireball," Edward unleashes multiple fireballs. Wolf dodges them; Edward puts Adolpha down and draws his sword, "This is bad. If we knew he could turn, then I could have made a better plan; the other group must be dead," Edward looks at his dead comrades, "I at least need to get out of here." Edward draws Mana, and his sword glows. He attacks Wolf with a series of sword swings; Wolf uses his claws to block. It surprises Edward.

Wolf disappears and appears behind him; Edward turns around but gets hit. He goes flying and hits the house. Edward coughs out blood; the house doesn't sustain damage. Edward, injured, gets up, "Dam it," he points his sword at Wolf. Edward pulls out a crystal from a pouch; he prepares to attack Wolf again.

Wolf senses Mana and activates his own; he releases electricity. Edward gets hit by it, stunning him. Wolf walks over to him. In the house, Sam and Mike head over to the kitchen; they wondered what was happening. When they see Wolf, they get scared. They duck under the window, "Why does he look like that," Mike asked. Sam had no answer.

Mike asks Sam to look; Sam doesn't want to say, "Come on, you are brave; just see what he is doing." Sam gets up and peaks; his expression is that of shock. Wolf had Edward's neck in his mouth. Blood spilled on the ground. Sam slowly sat down; Mike asked him what he saw.

Sam said nothing; Mike, curious, gets up and peaks. Wolf lets go of Edward's lifeless, bloody body and howls. His howl was heard in town again; Mike, scared, sat back down. The maids were with Victoria, asking what was happening. Victoria told them to calm down. She told them they would be safe. Victoria looks out the window and sees Wolf.

Adolpha woke up and saw a monstrous figure; initially, she got scared but realized it was Wolf. The moonlight shines on Wolf. Dead bodies all around; Adolpha gets up and runs to him. Wolf slowly returns to his usual self. Adolpha hugs him and cries; Wolf doesn't know what to do, so he lets her cry in his arms. After a while, he takes her back to the cabin.

Adolpha enters and walks to her bed. Wolf is about to leave, but Adolpha pleads to him to stay. She gets up and grabs his hand, "Please stay with me; I don't want to be alone." Wolf turned to her; she had tears in her eyes. "Okay, I will stay, only for a little while."

Wolf sits with Adolpha and comforts her. Adolpha was shaking; Wolf patted her head. Adolpha slowly begins to calm down; Wolf could hear her sniffle. After a while, Adolpha seems to fall asleep. Wolf got up and was going to leave; he felt someone hold on to him. He turns his head and sees Adolpha's hand.

Adolpha stands up; she stares at him. Adolpha was nervous; she then let go of him. Wolf continued to look at her. Adolpha takes off her dress; Wolf is captivated by her beauty. He is drawn to her; he lays with her. "Stay with me forever," Adolpha whispers.

It had gotten silent; Mike and Sam were too scared to look. After a while, they fell asleep. Victoria was staring at the cabin; she had seen Wolf go in there with Adolpha and had not come out, "The doors won't open until morning; Lord Michael won't be happy about this." She continued to stare at the cabin. After some time, Wolf had come out.

Victoria had fallen asleep on a chair in her room. The following morning, Mike woke up confused because he woke up in the kitchen. He then remembered he got drunk with Sam, who was next to him. Mike looked out the window and saw nothing unusual; he prepared some coffee. Mike took a sip of his coffee; he looked at the window again.

Mike notices something wrong with Adolph's door; he spits his coffee, "Sam, wake up!" He slaps Sam to wake him up. Mike goes outside and heads over to the cabin; he does not realize the fresh mounds of dirt nearby. Mike gets to the cabin and peeks inside. Mike looks around and notices someone sleeping, "Hello," he whispers.