Intro

Intro

Howling Echoes

People worldwide tune in to the TV screens; news about the war continues to get coverage. The people want to know what is happening; new outlets question the government officials. Other nations have the same problem. A family patiently watches to see what unfolds. Some people in the streets tend to be on their phones.

Earth is the home and birthplace of humanity; once, it was a world filled with beautiful sites and natural beauty. If you view it from space, the world is not as it was before; why, you ask? In the year 20XX, countries have been fighting for land and resources.

The oceans have become polluted, and the skies are toxic. Protesters worldwide want peace; crime rates have increased, and the people wish for a government solution. On the other hand, their governments defend their actions and say their involvement in the war is for the people.

Some people are sick of it and want it to return to how it used to be. Meanwhile, the president is in a locked room in the white house. The president was an older white man with black hair. He sits in an almost empty room; holograms of other nation's leaders are with him.

"So is everyone in agreement then," asked the president. The nation's leaders all agree. A video of the news is displayed on a monitor. It shows the chaos around the world. "Very well, it is unanimous; let the operation commence," he said. The president looks at the monitor; it changes to show a green screen that says approve.

Above a desert city, a plane flies by; winds blow sand on the abandoned city streets. Cars and buildings are in ruins; it was a ghost town. The plane begins to make a turn; the sun also begins to set. "Nest control; copy that."

The plane was more significant than regular planes; soldiers relaxed around a large table. Seats line up the aircraft's wall; Weapons are in special lockers; the group hears an announcement and begins to get ready. They look like an elite strike team; the group suits up in special equipment.

The suits they wear are known as Exo suits, built with the cooperation of allied scientists. These suits are made to face the enemy's advanced weaponry. There was also something special about this team: they were unique. Super soldiers enhanced individuals with the speed and strength of several people; they were the only ones capable of wearing the Exo suits. There was a total of eight on the plane. A door slides open, and the soldiers stop and salute.

A man walks in from another room. He was a captain by the symbol on his suit. The captain is a white male with short black hair, about six feet tall. The scar on his cheek runs to his missing ear lobe; the captain calls to another soldier sitting. We can't see his face because he had his helmet on.

"What's this, clear blue skies...." The scene changes, "Blue oceans, green pastures...are those people?" The captain wakes him; the soldiers hear someone calling him. "....err.... oner.... hey rookie!" The soldier woke up and looked up. "Hey, rookie, are you ready?" The soldier shakes his head, "Me a rookie, you got to be kidding."

Before he could say anything else, another man walked in, "Commander Richard," the captain shouted. The soldiers salute him. Commander Richard is in charge of the group. He was a tall, dark-tone man; he wore a hat and had brown eyes. He had a small mustache and wore what the pilots wore. He told them to relax.

"Okay, ladies, shut up and listen; we got the green light. The mission is as expected: search and destroy; that's not all...." The table in the middle lights up, and the room goes dark. A hologram appears on the table, "Aleksander Sokolov, a Russian defector scientist. He is on our hit list; our allies in Russia want him eliminated. Rumors have it he has built a new type of weapon."