Part LXVI: And We're Back!

Blake

Two years ago, if someone had told Blake that she would be this excited to be getting back to school, she would have called them insane. Now, as she flitted around the apartment, tidying up, barely even unpacked yet, she buzzed with excitement, unable to keep the smile from her face.

Liam is coming over. I get to see Liam. I fucking finally get to see Liam.

In anticipation of seeing him again, Blake had made a relatively poor financial decision, and decided not to do any shows for the last three days. She'd also decided not to touch herself during those days. That part hadn't been too hard with all the work she'd been doing. Working with contractors—which, thankfully, her grandparents had been all too happy to take over for her, since they had a bit more experience than she did—and going back and forth with the lawyer on exactly how to set everything up to make sure that things were exactly as she wanted, and that she was taking different tax laws into account, was exhausting as fuck. It had left her feeling decidedly unsexy, and too tired to even think about getting herself off. Even though she knew she probably would have found that a welcome relief.

She had barely found anytime to spend with her grandparents, her dad, or on the phone with Liam as it was, though. So, canceling her shows had probably been a good move on her part.

And it's not like I need the money anymore. Not as much, at least.

That part still weirded her out. It didn't seem real, and she still found herself wanting to back out of what she'd decided on a few times.

Dad made me promise, though. And he and Grandma and Grandpa all seemed really happy when I told them that's what I was doing.

Taking a deep breath, Blake closed her eyes and concentrated on her breathing for a few moments before letting out a long exhale and returning to her tidying.

She knew Liam didn't care about the state of her apartment, but she did. She wanted it to be perfect for their first time seeing one another in weeks.

Fuck. My room.

Blake had been so excited to be back in the apartment, that she'd forgotten that the main place Liam would be saying was her room.

Which has clothes thrown all over my floor and my bed.

She needed to use her bed. And hopefully, she and Liam would get it at least a little messy.

With a grown, Blake rushed back to her room and started putting her things away. Anything that was still in her suitcase, she just packed in and pushed up against the wall, instead, focusing on everything she's already thrown around her room.

Blake was almost finished when she heard a knock at the door through the thankfully open doorway of her room.

Good thing I wasn't blasting any music. He did say he would text first, though.

"Just a second!" Blake called, practically singing the words as she skipped over to the door.

She'd considered answering it naked, or almost naked, but when she looked through the peephole, Blake found herself glad she decided to stay in the oversized shirt that she'd thrown on after showering.

Swallowing hard, Blake did her best to put on a smile and erase any trace of disappointment or frustration from her voice.

"Marie! Hey! Wait—what are you doing here? I thought you weren't coming back for two more days."

Marie smiled as she slipped into the room, dragging her luggage behind her, then surprised Blake with a tight hug once she closed the door behind her.

"Hey, Blake! I know. I'm not entirely back just yet. It's really good to see you, though."