70

After the little incident, Nagito gave some more hints regarding the bomb's location and disappeared.

"Somewhere we've been before, huh..." I echoed.

"Dammit! Why does he still have to be alive?!" I glared at the Mechanic.

"Now's not the time to complain about stuff like that!" Fuyuhiko scolded Kazuichi.

"Besides... we don't have time to fight among ourselves..." Chiaki reasoned.

"You are right," Sonia spoke up, "We must hurry and search for the bombs! We should still have time to stop them!"

"But based on all the places we've searched... Where could it be?! The island is a huge place..." Kazuichi let out hopelessly. 

"The only thing we can do is split up and cover as much ground as we can!" Fuyuhiko exclaimed. Gosh, he seems to be really irritated at Kazuichi lately, "There are exactly 7 of us! Each person should be in charge of searching an island while 1 of us has to keep an eye on Nagito!" He instructed.

"Then... leave this island to me. I already have the layout of this island in my head," Akane volunteered and everyone followed suit, claiming an island for their own.

Akane with the 1st island, Kazuichi with the 2nd, Sonia with the central, Chiaki with the 3rd, Hajime with the 4th, and Fuyuhiko with the last. 

All that was left was...

Me

Everyone looked at me expectantly. I internally cowered at their gazes, "Guess I'll keep an eye out for Nagito..." I whispered.

"Great, now that we're all settled, let's hurry up and find those bombs so we can take care of Nagito once and for all!" Chiaki huffed. With a nod, we all dispersed and stormed out of the restaurant.

I sighed as I watched my classmates go to their respective islands. 

"If anything, I probably have the easiest task..." I mumbled as I absentmindedly kicked a stray peddle off the path, "Now, where could Nagi be?" Damn, I haven't used that nickname in a while. It felt... nostalgic.

I picked up my pace and went to his cabin door. Surely he hasn't gone that far, right?

I brought my knuckles to the oak wood door.

"Nagito?" I knocked, "Are you in there?" No response.

I waited for a while before trying again, "Nagito?" Still, no response.

I sighed and placed my hand on the door knob, "If you don't answer, I'm going to barge in!" Silence.

"Fine... You leave me with no choice," I turned the knob, surprisingly, it was unlocked.

"How surprising," I mumbled and stepped inside. The cabin was as neat as when I first entered it. The familiar scent of vanilla entered my nostrils as I began to snoop around his belongings.

For some odd reason, Nagito had a pink treasure chest along with a mini fridge. 

 "These weren't here before..." I mumbled and made my way to the peculiar pieces of furniture. I first made my way to the treasure chest and cautiously opened the lid only to be greeted by a Usami themed notebook. 

 "Wha...?" I flipped through the pages and skimmed through the contents. Each page had a sloppy drawing and a day number indicating when it was written. 

 "Usami's diary...?" I quickly shut the notebook and placed it inside the chest, having found no valuable information.

"However, it is strange that Usami keeps a diary when she can't even write..." I mumbled to myself, my mind not leaving the peculiar notebook, "Well, the only people Usami's really close with are Chiaki and I..."