28

I entered the abandoned building only to find Byakuya with his arms crossed over his chest.

"You're here..." Byakuya greeted, "Now then, stand up and raise your hands."

What?

"Huh? W-Why?!" I let out.

"Because I need to do a body check."

"B-Body check?!" I shuddered at the thought of Byakuya touching me.

"Since I'm the one hosting the party, It's necessary for me to take all possible security measures," The heir stated.

"I-I'm sorry, b-but I'm not really c-comfortable with you t-touching me..." I looked down at the ground to avoid Byakuya's icy stare.

"What are you saying? I'm just going to inspect you. There's nothing wrong about that, right?" I could literally hear the venom in his voice.

"Y-Yes... b-bu-"

I heard Byakuya sigh, "I'm just doing this to make sure no harm comes to you guys, alright? I promised myself that as your leader I would protect everyone here, so please stop being so stubborn and allow me to perform a body check on you," Byakuya said softly which caught me off guard.

"A-Alright..." I nodded and hesitantly raised my arms to allow Byakuya to inspect me.

Has Byakuya always been this soft?!

"There, all done. You can run along now," Byakuya retracted his hands away from my body and moved to the side to allow me to enter the building.

"T-Thank you..." I whispered before dashing towards the dining hall.

I opened the door to find everyone else already there. (Well except for Fuyuhiko...)

"Y/n!" I turned towards the direction of the voice to find Hajime holding a glass of orange juice.

"Ah, Hajime! H-Hello," I greeted and walked towards the brunette.

"You did a really great job cleaning this place," Hajime gestured to the room.

I felt my cheeks flush, "Oh, thank you! But it wasn't just me who cleaned it, Nagito also helped," I smiled at the memory.

"Nagito? Well that's very nice of him," Hajime chuckled and took a sip of his glass.

"Haha, yeah..."

"Ah, Y/n! I thought you weren't going to come!" Nagito walked up to Hajime and I.

(Badump)

There it goes again...

"S-Surprise!" I let out a small smile and did jazz hands, "Attendance was mandatory, so of course I had to attend..." I sighed sadly.

"Well, think of this as a way to get closer with the others! I'm sure that once you come out of your shell, your hope will shine brighter than ever!" Nagito's lips curled up into a wide grin.

"My hope..?" I stared at the grinning boy with a questioning look.

"Why, yes! Your ho-"

"Hey, what is that?!" Byakuya's shout echoed throughout the entire room as the heir walked towards a table filled with food.

"Dangerous," Byakuya pointed at a specific food that seemed to be pierced by a metal skewer and began to eat it.

"Wha-"

"Hey, no fair! You're hogging all the food!" Akane complained.

"I'm not...!" Byakuya said as he continued to stuff his face.

"Pfft-" I covered my mouth to refrain from laughing.

"I'm telling you, I'm not! Look carefully at this dish...!" Byakuya continued to chew on the food.

"It's meat that's been pierced by an iron skewer," Peko stated.

"Exactly, this iron skewer is extremely dangerous. I must take full responsibility and collect it," And with that, Byakuya finished eating the dish.

Just then, Teruteru entered the room with a smile on his face only for that smile to turn into a frown once he saw what Byakuya did to his food, "Whaaat?! Someone ruined my beautiful arrangement!!" The chef cried out.

"What were you plotting? Cooking with such dangerous items..." Byakuya glared at Teruteru.

"D-Dangerous?! B-But that's Churrasco...! It's supposed to be cooked like that!" Teruteru argued.

Byakuya and Teruteru began to argue back and forth until the argument ended with the heir dragging Hajime along with him to the kitchen.

"Welp, sucks to be Hajime," Nagito chuckled at my comment.

(Badump)

Ah, my heart's beating fast again...

A comfortable silence loomed over Nagito and I while everyone else in the dining hall waited for Byakuya and Hajime to come back.

After a while of waiting, the doors to the kitchen opened, revealing Byakuya and Hajime.

"Ah, you're finally back!" Mahiru greeted the duo.

"Yes, we're back and before we start the party, I would like to address some things first," Byakuya crossed his arms over his chest.

"Huh? Address something? Just tell me who it is and I'll beat 'em up for ya!" Akane cracked her knuckles.

"That won't be necessary," Byakuya gave the gymnast a stern glare before pointing his finger towards the duralimun case, "The issue is where to safeguard that duralimun case that holds all confiscated dangerous items."

"Can't we just leave it here...?" Kazuichi asked.

"I've already put a lock over it. All we need is someplace safe to store it," The conversation continued and ended with Peko volunteering to guard the other duralimun case and Chiaki volunteering to guard outside the cabin with Monomi.

I stared at Chiaki's retreating figure until she dissapeared from my field of view.

"N-now that it's over... C-Can we...?" Akane asked with an impressive amount of drool leaking out of her mouth.

How does one produce that amount of saliva in mere seconds?!

"You're right. Let us begin," Byakuya let out an amused smirk.

"ALL RIGHT!" Akane cheered and immediately started to stuff her face with food.

I laughed at the gymnast's antics and grabbed a glass of f/d.

"Cheers to a long night!" I raised my glass and grinned.

"Cheers!" Everyone raised their glasses and clinked them against eachother.

I smiled at the sight of my classmates having fun.

I guess they're not so bad after all...