Chapter 24 - Flashback

Hello, I am back. How are y'all doing?

Here's the update.

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for updates and spoilers.

Please do vote and comment!!!

Enjoy

<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

As I opened my eyes, the warm rays of the morning sun kissed my face.

Blinking away the sleep, I slowly sat up in bed, realizing that the room was a complete mess.

Pillow feathers were strewn across the floor, evidence of the pillow fight that Rishabh and I had gotten into the previous night.

I glanced over at Rishabh, who was lying next to me, his tousled hair sticking out in all directions.

There was an undeniable tension between us ever since I had confessed my love for someone else.

We hadn't spoken much, keeping our distance as though words might shatter the fragile silence that enveloped our relationship.

I reached out hesitantly, brushing my fingers against Rishabh's arm.

He slowly turned to face me, his eyes clouded with a mixture of emotions.

"Good morning," I whispered, my voice barely audible.

There was no way to mend our shattered hearts except divorce.

Rishabh sighed and sat up, his sleepy grey gaze fixed on the pillow fight aftermath surrounding us.

"Remember yesterday we had a crazy pillow fight? Feathers flying everywhere, and we both ended up laughing so hard that we couldn't breathe."

A bittersweet smile tugged at the corners of my lips "Yeah".

For a moment, it felt like the weight pressing down on us had lifted ever so slightly.

Rishabh looked at me, his eyes filled with a mix of longing and uncertainty.

"Do you think we can ever go back to how things used to be?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.