20. Fear

"M-m..oosa," she released her lips from his grasp before pulling away. She was afraid, things between them would escalate if the kiss continued.

She sat back and drifted away from him, creating a distance between them.

When her eyes fell on him, her heart almost stopped. She saw his eyes darkening. The twitch in his expressions had her breath hitched as he looked terrifying.

Her eyes witnessed his jaw clenching, slightly and his eyes plainly gawking at her. Emotionlessly.

Yet she almost stopped breathing when she witnessed anger flashing within his brown eyes for a second.

She whimpered, expressing her fear and looked away for a second.

She found him closing his eyes as he took a deep breath before opening them.

"Come closer," he whispered and she quietly nodded.

She didn't want to anger him.

Moving closer on her knees when she reached near him, he forwarded both his hands, looking up at her.

Her lashes fluttered with confusion before he indicated her to take his hands and she silently placed her hands in his which looked small in contrast to his.

And now she was in a position where she was suppose to straddle him.

"Mei...wo..meih," she whimpered in a feeble voice.

(I-uh...I)

"Sit on my lap. I want to talk to you," he commanded.

She gulped before settling her thighs on either of his sides and sat on him.

His firm hands moved and held her thighs before pushing her more closer to him so there was no space left between them. Her arms remained at her sides.

"Why did you take those sleeping pills?" he questioned, his fingers playing with the hem of her shirt.

She lowered her head, biting her lips in nervousness and anxiety.

As soon as she did that, he lifted her chin.

"Answer," he looked straight in her eyes. His voice hardening.

Her heart trembled. She found herself in a tight corner.

If she said, she was scared he would get angry.

"Dard...mere-meray sar mei d-d-dard thi," she stuttered, "mei sou nhi pa rhi thi tw m-meinay-meinay wo dawaiyan lei li. Mje lga k-k...ap k aanay tak...aap...wo mei tab tk j-jaag jao g-gi. Ainda apko shikayat ka moka nhi mileh ga.

(Ache....my-my h-head w-was ac-aching. I could not sleep so I-I took those pills. I th-thought I would wake up by the time you...you would get back. You will h-have no complaints by my side next time)

"Hmmm," he hummed in a deep voice, "but you will get punished for not obeying me,"

She panicked. "Mei-mei waada karti hu mei agli dfa khayal rakhu gi," She said breathlessly.

(I promise, I-I will be careful next time)

"Punishment should be given at the first offense so there are no chances of any mistakes later on," he said and in her heightened state of panic she couldn't notice the playful smile playing on his lips.

"Please mje saza na dein," her eyes welled up, "I will never do this again. Please," she cried out.

(Please don't punish me)

"Waada?" he asked, raising his brows.

(Do you promise?)

"I promise," she said in one go.