CHAPTER 3

"What about my mother?" she asked worriedly to Yasir.

"Don't worry. There's a truck outside waiting for us. Your mother is already there,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I shifted her there,"

"Now run from the back door. They are coming. They came to know about our location, its like a golden opportunity for them if they get a handful of girls. So run away, Rosh,"

"And you."

"I'm collecting other girls around here. Now go,"

"Ok ok. Come fast Aref,"

"Don't worry,"

She gave him a smile and with hurried steps, she was approaching the back door. They were under attack. And she knew who they were.

The terrorists.

The killers.

The tormentors.

They were again raising head even when they were brutally crushed by the army years ago. And the point of their birth was once again, the KPK. They needed money to stregnthen themselves and for that they were kidnapping girls to sell them. And a brothel was the best spot for them to get handful of girls. Now, the brothel where she lived was their target and they all had to run before they get here and take along the girls with them and kill others to induce terror in people around.

She was running through the corridors when suddenly she heard screams coming out from a room and her footing stopped. She knew what kind of screams were those.

As if someone was raping a girl.

She held a vase placed nearby and moved stealthily towards the door. She turned the handle down and entered, without making a noise when her eyes witnessed the scene. They both were too immersed, the man in having pleasure and the girl in pain, that they didn't notice her.

He was pounding in her vigorously and she was asking him to stop, non stop. Her blood boiled seeing such a bad condition of the girl. She closed the door behind her, without making a sound. When her eyes caught the sight of girl, she knew who she was. Zohal.

The man's pleasurable grunt reached her years, followed by Zohal's screams. She remembered a particular scene and anger surged through her veins.

A growl escaped her throat and she like a lioness ran towards them and threw the vase at the man's head who fainted at spot. She helped the girl to stand up and wear her clothes which were thrown here and there on the floor. After they were done, the girl looked at her.

"Thanks for helping me," she said. Roshanay felt like, everyone has left the haveli as quite a minutes have already passed and those men were already here.

"Thanks but its not the time. We've to hurry, this brothel is under attack," she said in a hushed tone as she held her hand and they moved towards the door. The girl following behind.

"What?!"

"Yes, we've to run. And I've a feeling they're already in the haveli," she apprised, her hand turning the handle down.

"What?!"

"Yes," she said, opening the door slightly ajar and peeking into the corridor when she heard their voices. And she almost lost her calm. She was about to gasp and bang the door shut but she controlled herself and stealthily closed the door, in the same way as she opened it.

"They're here. We need to be careful. These bloody murderers have no heart, they can kill us in a beat. May Allah save us," she whispered, her heart beating wild within her chest cavity as if it would explode. It seemed like the angel of death was standing at the other side of the door. And her fear increased more she heard the footsteps getting near followed by the sounds of opening of doors, like they were checking the rooms.