55. She's Mental

Cookie Monster / Vaera Targaryen out now!

"Hi honey." Vaera knelt before Aemond running her fingers gently through his hair. "What happened?'

"I got a dragon Vaera." Aemond told her as he flinched at the pain coursing through him.

"What?" Vaera cooed as he squeezed her hand.

"Vhagar is mine. I claimed her." Aemond told her happily.

"I knew you would get a dragon." Vaera told him. Kissing his forehead gently. "I will be right back." She looked the room for Rhaenyra and Daemon but they were nowhere in sight.

"Mama, mama it was madness!" Caera declared. "I told them to stop but they wouldn't listen." Caera clung to her as rona and Aj rubbed at her eyes still tired from being woken up. Vizzy was being watched over by a handmaiden, that boy slept like a rock. Much like his father. Caspian stared back at aemond in horror.

"How did this happen?" Caspian questioned. "Where were the guards?"

"Exactly my thoughts." Viserys agreed.  ''How could you allow such a thing to happen? I will have answers.'' Viserys demanded as a maester tended to Aemond

''The princes were supposed to be abed, My King.'' Harrold told him.

''Who had the watch?'' Viserys spat

''Young prince was attacked by his own cousins, Your Grace.''

''You swore oaths to protect and defend my blood!'' Viserys shouted in outrage.

''I'm very sorry, Your Grace.'' Harrold told him. ''The Kings guard has never had to defend princes from princes, Your Grace.''

''That is no answer!'' Viserys spat.

Criston was very glad he wasnt commander of the guard right now because someone was definitely in trouble.

''It will heal, will it not, maester?' Alicent offered

'The flesh will heal. But the eye is lost, Your Grace." Maester Kelvyn remarked solemnly.

''Where were you?'' Alicent spat slapping Aegon harshly in the face.

''Me? Ow! What was that for?'' Aegon said flinching away from Alicents vicious touch. Vaera gasped at the action. Horror struck.

''That was nothing compared to the abuse your brother suffered while you were drowning in your cups, you fool.'' Alicent sneered aegon glanced to Vaera. He never saw her hit her children, she was a good mother, not a bitch like his own.

"Come here." Vaera whispered pulling Jace and Luke to her. Looking them over for injuries. "Honey what happened?"

The boys started talking over each other and vaera couldn't understand them. Meanwhile caera was saying.

''I tried to stop them, I really tried. No one listens to me! Im the eldest but noooooo!"

"Alright, alright," Vaera cooed running a hand along Jace and Lukes arms. "Where is your mother?' they shrugged.

''What is the meaning of this?'' Corlys demanded as him and his wife came in to see a bloody mess.

''Baela, Rhaena!'' Rhaenys declared ''What happened?'' Rhaenyra and Daemon came in next, Daemon looking smug as ever as he leaned against the door Rhaenyra ran to her boys.

''What happened? Jace? Luke! Show me. Show me.'' Rhaenyra demanded holding his face in her hands. ''Who did this?'' Rhaenyra questioned looked to Vaera.

"the boys and daemon's girls got into it." Vaera whispered.

''They attacked me!' Aemond spat

''He attacked Baela!''