52. Have A Nice Life

History of Man / Laenor Velaryon / Aislynn Hightower / Animal Kingdom Crossover out now!!

Vaera woke to a knock on her door. She yawned out getting up and pulling her robe on. She glanced to Criston that man could sleep though anything it seemed. She pulled open the door as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. 

"Harwin?"

"Princess." harwin whispered. 

"Whats wrong?" Vaera questioned taking his hand in hers. Harwin sighed giving her hand a gentle squeeze. 

"I remember the day I first met you." Harwin remarked. "You were just five years old. You were the sweetest little thing." Criston woke at the voices and his face pinched hearing it was harwin. "Still are." He added. 

"Harwin... whats going on?"

"I am going home." He answered softly. 

"Home? This is your home." Vaera corrected. 

"Harrenhal." Harwin corrected. 

"Why?"

"I..." Harwin hesitated seeing Criston step forward, his hand on Vaera's back made her glance his way. 

"Morning." Criston said kissing Vaera's neck possessively. 

"I wanted to apologize for... my actions in the courtyard yesterday." Harwin remarked. "It was... I was... I'm am sorry. "

"Why the change of heart? You didnt seem to care then when you were beating my face in." Criston countered. Vaera touched his bruised cheek. 

"I thought you said you were fine." Vaera countered. 

"I am a man that acts on instinct... much like yourself... if you recall the princess Rhaenyra's wedding..." Harwin challenged. Criston's jaw tightened. Vaera glanced between glad she was standing between them because they wouldnt dare hurt her even to pummel each other. Criston didnt dignify him with an answer though. 

"So... I'm headed off." 

"Have a nice life." Criston agreed. 

"Goodbye Vaera."

"I will see you again though won't I?" Vaera countered. "You have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember." Vaera added softly. "You can't just go away for good."

"I hope I see you again Vaera." Harwin agreed kissing her cheek before heading off. 

Vaera turned to Criston. 

"Have a nice life?"

"What?" Criston countered. "I was being nice." Vaera rolled her eyes. "Come on, lets go back to bed." 

''A word?''

''I take it he's gone.''

''We're finished here. We're leaving.'' Rhaenyra demanded

''What of your offer? Jace and Helaena?'' Laenor countered

''I have been undermined... and made a spectacle. They whisper about me in the corridors. Well, I leave them to it.'' Rhaenyra hissed

''To Dragonstone then?'' Laenor offered

''We should've left years ago.'' Rhaenyra admitted. "I am going to talk to Vaera. See if she wants to go back, she loves dragonstone.''

''What of your position?'' Laenor countered. ''You've always said if you were absent from court, she would pour her honey in your father's ear."

" The wise sailor flees the storm as it gathers.'' Rhaenyra offered she glanced back at Qarl. ''Laenor... bring him. We'll need every sword we can muster.''

"What do you mean no?" 

"I was away from father for too long." Vaera countered. "I can't leave him now." 

"You felt for years!"

"Which is why I dont want to leave again. I left because you and alicent made life here insufferable." Vaera reminded her. 

"I think you are being dramatic." Rhaenyra countered. 

"I am not." Vaera corrected. "But I miss father."

"Not me?" 

"You are choosing to leave, just like I did but now I'm choosing to stay. I need to stay." 

Rhaenyra grumbled marching off muttering curses under her breath before turning back to Vaera. 

"You always do whatever you want and you never get judged for it."

"I'm not judging you I'm just not going with you." vaera corrected. 

"Perfect Vaera..."

"Thank you!" Vaera shouted back. "I am quite perfect! Have a nice life!" She marched away and then stopped muttered to herself. "Damnit Criston." Criston laughed out when she told him what she said to Rhaenyra. 

"Were you trying to be mean?" Criston mused. 

"Shut up."