24. Beautiful Self

Vaera was annoyed to say the least. Rhaenyra was as moody as ever, Alicent was being a bitch, and she didnt have any friends. She realized she never really had any friends besides her guards but now harwin couldnt stand to be near her because he loved her so much and it hurt.

So Vaera had Criston and her father and her children. She wished Rhaenyra would just open up and stop being moody about this, get over it. But no. Rhaenyra was stubborn as a mule.

When Rhaenyra had a black haired little boy Vaera felt a wash of embarrassment for the Velaryons. Rhaenyra was the heir and she wasnt acting like it.

"Well..." criston chuckled looking at Harwin. "You certainly have a type."

"Whats that supposed to mean?" Harwin seethed.

"You visited the little lad? Jacaerys they named him. Thick black hair. Pale skin. Dark eyes like you. Strange how Strong the genes are." Criston pushed. Harwin grit his teeth.

"You know it's embarrassing really. You tried to get vaera to love you but she wanted me so you moved on to her sister." Criston tsked. "The princess is married. The heir too. Think of the rumors-"

Harwin had, had enough. He punched criston hard sending him flying back.

Vaera looked at cristons black eye and split lip and shook her head.

"What did you do?" Vaera questioned touching his cheek gently.

"Nothing."

"Liar." Vaera countered.

"I may have spoken the truth and harwin didnt like it." Criston offered.

"Harwin did this? Why on earth- what did you say?" Vaera questioned. Harwin had always been her cookie knight not a psychopath.

"Noted on Jacaerys' strong genes. That's all."

"Strong...?" The question came after the realization hit.

"You havent seen the baby. Have you?" Criston realized.

"I have." Vaera corrected.

"Oh..." criston breathed back, she had not however connected the dots.

"Oh." She agreed.

Less than a moon of avoiding not only rhaenyra but now Harwin and vaera felt like she was going to pop herself. She couldnt believe harwin would fuck her sister. Actually she could because broken men do stupid things and vaera rejecting him broke his heart and made him an idiot.

Vaera loved criston. It wasnt that she didnt love criston. She did. Soo much. He was her whole world but harwin was her friend and rhaenyra her sister and no harwin didnt cheat but vaera still felt betrayed.

She wondered how laenor felt if she felt this upset.

"Yes a boy! Its wonderful!" laenor agreed. "Little tike doesnt do much yet but once he is big enough we will have sword play!" Laenor was fine with pretending just like viserys was.

Vaera held tight to criston he wrapped his arms around her. It was time. Viserys offered to tent to the twins and vaera gladly accepted his help. She jnew this process could take hours but hoped since thid wasnt her first or second the babe might show her some mercy and come on out.

Vaera gave criston a pitiful smile as she kissed his cheek gripping tight to his hand. A few short hours later compared to her first birthing experience and she had not one but two more beautiful children. Two girls.

One silver hair and violet eyes. The other silver hair with black streaks and violet eyes. Vaera giggled down at them. Criston loved her innocence.

Vaera promptly took the girls to Calypso. Her dragon stared down at the twins. Vaera showed them off proudly. Criston smiled awkwardly up at the dragon. He loved that vaera had no fear with Calypso loved that his children were dragons but he worried. He wasnt a dragon. They were scary to him. He wasnt fearless.

"Aemma. After your mother." Criston suggested. Vaera nodded smiling down at Aemma Jr.

"Verona." She whispered. She touched the little black streaks. She didnt know where the name came from she was sure she hadnt heard it before but criston nodded smiling as he lifted her up.

"Verona." He repeated kissing her gently.

Vaera was snuggled up exhausted caera and caspian were meeting their new little sisters as they slept soundly in their crib when the door opened. Rhaenyra stared back at them.

Aegon ran after vaera. Of course he did. She was the love of his little life and he needed to there for her.

"Ever hear of knocking?" Vaera sassed

"I heard you had twins." Rhaenyra remarked. No congratulations no wow your babies are beautiful and perfection unlike my moody ass self.

"Yes. Aemma and Verona."

"You named her after mother?" Rhaenyra soat

"Yes."

"What if i wanted to name my-"

"You had a son. I had daughters. I was mothers favorite and we all know it. So shut up rhaenyra." Vaera demanded. Criston knew better than to cut in.

"SHE BIRTHED TWO CHILDREN INTO THIS WORLD." Aegon shouted. "YOU STAY AWAY FROM HER BEAUTIFUL SELF!"

Go Aegon, go! Vaera thought happily as she ran a hand through his hair. Rhaenyra scoffed out a breath as she marched off. 

"Thank you Aegon. My hero." Vaera whispered kissing his cheek. Aegon blushed, his cheeks as red as the targaryen cloaks themselves that aegon never got to wear. Always hightower greens.