14. In Cold Blood

''Your Grace.'' Daemon remarked

''We thank you for coming, uncle.'' Rhaenyra said blandly as Vaera jumped up.

"Uncle Daemon!" Vaera declared.

"There's my favorite girl." Daemon coed kissing Vaera's cheek.

"Sorry about lady Rhae." Vaera told him.

"You want to know a secret little love?" Daemon whispered and Vaera nodded. "I'm not sorry."

"you're mean, you're lucky I love you." Vaera told him. "And that I know you have a heart somewhere in there." she tapped a finger to his chest.

''In the Vale, men are made to answer for their crimes. Even Targaryens.'' Greold said stiffly coming up to Daemon

''Who are you?'' Daemon questioned bored. He kept vaera to him though. Vaera looked up at him and he let her go.

''Ser Gerold Royce of Runestone.''

''And?'' Daemon said picking up his glass as Vaera ran off.

''I am cousin to your late lady wife.'' Gerold sneered

''Ahh, yes. Terrible thing. I'm positively bereft.'' Daemon said trying to keep the smug smile from his face.  ''Such a tragic accident.'

''You know better than anyone, it was no accident.''

''Are you confessing some guilt, Ser Gerold?'' Daemon countered

''I am making an accusation.'' Gerold corrected

''You know, in King's Landing, men are made to answer for their slanders. Even old bronze cսոts like you.'' Daemon mused and Gerold scoffed ''The truth is, I'm glad you've come. I wish to speak to you about my inheritance.''

'''What inheritance?'' Gerold countered

''Lady Rhea and I had no heirs. As her husband, whatever she was due now passes to me. She stood to inherit all of Runestone... Did she not? After my niece's wedding, I plan to fly to the Eyrie and petition Lady Jeyne myself. Perhaps I'll see you there, Ser Gerold.'' Daemon said smugly.

"Dance with me Criston." Vaera requested.

"it wouldn't be proper," Criston remarked.

"I don't care, dance with me." Vaera said holding out her hand for him. Criston smiled softly as he took her hand pulling her to him. He liked the feel of her wrapped around him for all to see.

''Has anybody ever told you you're nearly as pretty as your brother?'' Daemon said as he danced around Laena

''Well, you flatter me, my Prince.''  Laena told him ''I was sorry to hear about your lady wife.''

''Don't be, I wasn't. My lady was never very kind to me.''

''I know who it is.'' Joffrey mused to Laenor

''Hm? The handsome paramour. Who?''

''Ser Criston Cole.'' Joffrey remarked

"That is Vaera and Criston. Rhaenyra's protector is Gael Strong." Laenor corrected and Joffrey looked between the sisters.

"The younger is prettier." Joffrey remarked and Laenor stared over at him. "What? Just because I don't personally want to shove my cock in her doesn't mean I cant admire beauty." Joffrey told him

''Her sworn protector?'' Laenor countered looking across the dance floor to him. Gael did have a close eye on her but he was supposed to.

"Are you sure she has a lover?" Joffrey countered. "Vaera's guard however..." Joffrey smirked smugly. ''Look at him. The man is fully cunt-struck.'' Joffrey agreed