xvii. 𝘋𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘺 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘴

quick disclaimer: (s/n) is for similar name

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

quick disclaimer: (s/n) is for similar name

⋘  » ☆ « ⋙

"And now it's time for 'The Captain America Adventure Program', brought to you by Roxxon motor oil." a masculine voice spoke through the radio at the L&L Automat. "Tonight's thrilling tale takes us deep into the heart of the Ardennes Forest, where Hitler's Nazi guard have ambushed the 107th Infantry and taken (S/N) Lewitt, the battalion's beautiful triage nurse. . .as their hostage."

(Y/N) scoffed under her breath and stared down at the counter where her arms were resting. She did her best to block the obnoxious sound of the program on the radio, but it was too loud for her own liking. She even internally winced when the feminine voice rang through her ears.

"You lousy krauts are in big trouble once Captain America gets here."

"When I'm through with you, Hitler, you're gonna be seeing stars and stripes!"

"Nein!" A third voice jumped in, this time impersonating a horrible German accent. "You will bow down to the führer!"

(Y/N) couldn't bare to hear it for another minute. "Angie, would you turn that off, if it's no bother?"

Those programs bothered her to no end. They took advantage of Steve's success and popularity as Captain America and transformed what were once acts of bravery in the field into fictionalized, childish tales. Of course, the foolery didn't end there. Before the program was introduced, there were the comics, which were the beginning of the forming snowball. It wasn't even better when she heard the parodic version of her name on the radio for the first time, nearly causing a car crash after hearing it while she was driving. Her entire devotion as a soldier and a member of Steve's personal battle squad was reduced to a simple 'damsel in distress'.

Angie placed the coffee pot down on the counter at her request and extended her hand toward the radio. "Oh, you bet. Arlene French beat me out for that part."

She cleared her throat and changed the station to one that played a classical jazz tune. The tension on (Y/N)'s shoulders dropped, tired of having her ears stuffed with that nonsense. It only gave the men in the office more justification at treating her poorly.

"'You lousy krauts are in big trouble once Captain America gets here'," Angie repeated the phrase from the radio. "It's better, right?"

"Thrillingly realistic," Peggy commented with a sense of hidden sarcasm.

"Where's your award?" (Y/N) teased with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.