xxi. 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘛𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘴

⋘  » ☆ « ⋙

⋘  » ☆ « ⋙

Other ladies have nice weeknight plans, like going out to dance at a nearby club or go out for dinner with a handsome man, but (Y/N) didn't have that luxury anymore. She had signed in on a job and she was going to commit to her part of it, even if it meant sacrificing her evenings. She changed out of the clothes she wore to work in the morning, wearing a pair of pants and a dark blouse to blend into the night. 

She locked the door to her apartment and was immediately scared out of her skin when a voice whispered from behind her, "Going somewhere?"

"Oh!" she placed a hand to her heart, feeling it race out of the abruptness. When she turned around, her shoulders dropped as she recognized the person. "Louis, you scared me."

"I tend to have that effect on people," He smiled at the sight of her own. "Where are you going?"

"Oh, I'm, uh," she stammered through a response. "I'm off for a walk at the park."

"At night?" he frowned.

"Well, I work all day, so night is the perfect time for me to do my exercise activities."

"Must be a tough job if it's keeping you all day."

"Indeed. You know how demanding phone companies are," she brushed it off with a laugh. She then frowned and wondered how did she manage to run into him so late at night.
"Why are you up so late?"

"A friend from home just arrived at the train station," he explained. "I'm off to pick them up."

"That's nice," she nodded. "I'm guessing you're taking a liking into the city, huh?"

"Absolutely, people have been so welcoming," he brushed his hair back, and the action was so mundane yet so attractive in her eyes. "Some more than others."

He winked in (Y/N)'s direction with a smile of his own, and she didn't know why it got her so flustered to divert her eyes somewhere else to avoid his gaze.

"Can't take all the credit," she brushed it off. She checked her wristwatch and figured that Peggy might scold her for not being on time. "Maybe you can tell me everything some other time."

"Of course," he winked once again. "See you later, darling."

He walked in the direction of the door that led to the staircase, and (Y/N) didn't have the strength in her muscles to move a single inch from her spot. She let out a muffled groan and looked up to the dirty ceiling above her. Who was this guy that had such an effect on her?