ix. 𝘐𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘏𝘺𝘥𝘳𝘢

[ 1944 ]

📍WESTERN EUROPE ⋘ » ☆ « ⋙

📍WESTERN EUROPE
⋘ » ☆ « ⋙

The aircraft landed near a tree line. It was the best place to hide it in plain sight, since one of the Hydra bases Steve had mapped out was in the other side of the forest. (Y/N) and the others got out of the aircraft on red alert, weapons in the air for the slightest hint of movement around them. Once they made sure that they were completely alone, Steve made a signal to the aircraft for take off. Before they knew it, they were totally isolated in an unknown forest in enemy territory.

Steve, with the shield in hand, gestured for his team to follow after him. He dived deep into the snow covered woods and (Y/N) immediately felt a chill run down her spine because of the cold enveloping her completely. She realized that their footprints might be visible because of the snow on the floor, so she stayed on the back of the group to do her best to cover the footprints off. None of the men knew what she was doing, but they better be if they made it off this operation alive.

She couldn't tell for how long they walked through the forest, but it was enough to find the Hydra base they were looking for. In a quick movement, the entire squad hid behind a large tree and behind a snow-covered bush. Far ahead, (Y/N) spotted the large building covered by a tall concrete perimeter with barbed wire on the top. Right near the front gate, there was a small station guarded by at least 5 armed soldiers, all with the Hydra symbol on the arm.

What caught her attention too was the village right next to the base, which she thought was quite odd. But her suspicions were confirmed when she saw 3 of the 5 guards switch posts with other soldiers and head toward the village with their weapons still in hand. The village was only inhabited by Hydra soldiers, which was why the base was here.

Of course, they needed a clear plan before diving into the line of fire. They all huddled in a circle, still hidden behind the bushes while one of them, James Montgomery Falsworth, kept watch while still listening to the conversation. All they could come up with were surprise attacks, but in all those outcomes, they would be left outnumbered.

"Okay, what if I go in first?" (Y/N) offered out of the blue, turning her head to face Steve.

"Why?" He didn't seem quite opposed to the idea, but with deep curiosity.

"Those men are changing shifts every 30 minutes and go inside that tavern," (Y/N) gestured to the tavern on the other side of the path. She flickered her gaze to her wristwatch to check the time. "We took half an hour to get here, since we arrived when they were already changing shifts. We've been sitting here for 20, so If I'm correct, there will be a switch in less than 10 minutes. I can go inside and try to pry them for a key."