2̸0̸

A̸K̸A̸ 𝗋𝖾𝖽 赤
—————

Satoru was preparing for a mission in Shibuya, my stomach churning.
He was on edge.
Since I told everyone about Mahito using me as a puppet...
"Satoru I think maybe we should stop seeing each other. I'm 'cured' now after all and just a big burden and I know I'm making you and others uneasy—"
"Absolutely not."
He crushed the glass he was holding, standing up abruptly, I stumbled back and tripped, landing against the couch.
"Sazan I don't care if Mahito was using you, I will make him pay, I like you a lot."
He grabbed my chin, forcing me to look up at him.
"I'm not afraid of you. And even if you are 'free' physically, you aren't mentally. He haunts you. Toys with you. I will not let him live for that."

I frown, he just shakes his head, pressing a kiss to my forehead and letting my chin go.
"When I get back from this mission, you will truly be free. You will be safe. We will have no more big worries."
The image again..of Gojo dead...
"I need to come with you."
"Absolutely not—"
"Why Satoru? I'm strong, I was trained by you after all—"
"I said no Sazan. Final answer."
If that was just a nightmare and now a prediction, then I have nothing to worry over...
But it felt so real.
The bodies.
The blood.
The red hue around my vision.

"I saw Mahito dragging me your corpse with a smile on his lips that night Satoru...I'm scared okay? I told Mahito that if he hurts you then he will die, I will kill him a thousand time over."
Gojo just laughed, though I was serious, tears burned my eyes.
"I'm serious Satoru! If you die I—"
"I will not die. I can't. I am the strongest. My infinity cannot be surpassed, not even by Sukuna."
Those words didn't sit right with me.
How over confident he was.
Hardheaded.
"Okay...promise me you will come back in one piece."
"I promise sweetheart."
He kissed my forehead once more before moving back over to where the glass shards were on the ground from the cup he crushed.
"Who all is going to Shibuya?"

"Nanami, Nobara, Itadori, Megumi..."
He listed a few others I never met,
I gave him a look because everyone but me could go.
Teenagers could go but I couldn't?
I know Gojo knew what I was thinking because he cleared his throat, lifting his blindfold a bit, staring at me.
"This is a good learning opportunity for them."
"One that could get them killed you mean?"
He was quiet, dropping his blindfold back over his exposed eye and sighing, leaning back in his chair.
"Let's not argue over this. What is done is done."
Stupid.
Dumb.
Idiot.
I know he wants to take revenge on Mahito for me but that isn't supposed to be his focus.
Mahito literally wants to bring Sukuna back fully and he is worried about setting me free.
"Just focus on shutting Mahito's plan down okay?
"Killing him is the only plan I have."

~~~

Days passed by quickly. Gojo being touchier then ever because we would be apart for so long, but I had a plan on following him.
When we had sex I would whine about how I would miss him when I planned to be by his side there in Shibuya.
When we were training I would tell him that when he gets back I would beat him in a fight with his own techniques.
I would cuddle with him and get teary eyed thinking about this finale Mahito promised so boldly.
He was just as confident as Gojo was about this.
Gojo would win though.
Experience and technique alone, Gojo was sure to win any fight with Mahito.

I worried for the kids though.
Megumi and Nobara had good heads on their shoulders but Itadori was reckless.
Because of his recklessness, he kind of backs Megumi and Nobara into a corner in fights where they are forced to feel like they must step in.
Itadori's body can't handle Sukuna's power for too long and switching with him takes immense power, so relying on Sukuna in all battles is near impossible.
Sukuna is also super dangerous and has an odd obsession with Megumi. He wants Gojo's head in a silver platter too for some reason.
I just didn't have a good feeling sending those three on such an important mission. They are still young and need much more practice.
Though I don't think that sending them along was Gojo's call.

"Satoru?"
"Sazan?"
I walk over and sit in his desk, leaning over him a bit.
"Why were you so compelled to help me when we first met?"
"Hmm? Oh—because I was forced to kill my best friend too. Our stories just were too similar, though our situations were vastly different."
"Who was your best friend?"
"Geto Suguru."
I nod, he leaned his head back in thought, I just let him be, we fall into a comfortable silence.
In a few days time, we will reach Mahito's finale.
He will draw his very last breath.
Mahito will die.