chapter six

DARK SECRETS.
chapter six — UNSPOKEN UNDERSTANDINGS
"she had an art for reading people
which is why she understood
silent words from people she connected to."

 • ☆

. • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

THE COMPOUND WAS QUIET AS VALENTINA WALKED THROUGH THE HALLS. it was fairly late as night, ranging around two thirty in the morning. everyone, or mostly everyone, were asleep. for the longest time she tried to fall asleep only to toss and turn as she couldn't find herself get comfortable. she was annoyed she was going to have a restless night. these types of nights weren't ones she could have during her training process.

it also didn't help that all she could think about was eric. anytime she closed her eyes all she could see was his face. she could still feel his hands on her, holding her with such gentleness which completely contrasted his harshness. she was well aware of this dangerous game they were playing but she didn't care. the thrill of it all was too good. too alluring.

everything about this drove her crazy. there was no denying he was attractive. he was incredibly attractive, having just the right charm to enchant any girl he wanted. though the ruthlessness, his rude and cold demeanor was strong enough to keep people away. especially the rumors about him that everyone tried to believe.

but she knew there was more to him. beneath his cold exterior, the sitting disguise on his face filled with anger to keep people away, was someone more than that. she wanted to give him a chance. and she was determined to make that happen. at this point, four's words were far too in the back of her mind to care. the warnings she was given slowly didn't matter to her.

she wanted to know all there was to the big bad eric coulter. there was this side to him she knew no one was aware about. clearly it was a side he would never show anyone around the compound. he was too prideful in that sense, not wanting to seem weak or vulnerable. the fact he showed the smallest bit of that side to her meant something to her she didn't quite know yet. that was something she would need to figure out.

she soon found herself on the roof, her eyes instantly finding the spot her and eric sat in just days ago. a ghostly smile tugged at her lips as she remembered their time together. part of her enjoyed being in his company. outside of training he almost seemed like a normal human being. inside training was a whole other story which she didn't need to think about right now. she was still somewhat aggravated about what happened yesterday. the fear in al's eyes was too much to bear. she felt incredibly bad for her friend.

she sat on the ledge again, her eyes immediately moving upward toward the dark night sky filled with shining bright stars. everything was quiet and peaceful. she took the time to relish in this moment, closing her eyes as she let out a deep breath. she wished she could do this every night. she knew she couldn't as she would have to keep finding ways to sneak out. though she was glad no one caught her tonight.