chapter two

DARK SECRETS.
chapter two — WELCOME TO DAUNTLESS
"and as she reunited with her brother,
she knew for sure she would be okay...
she found her home."

 • ☆

. • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

A SHARP GASP RIPPED THROUGH VALENTINA AS SHE LANDED ON A LARGE BLACK NET. her eyes stared up at the blue sky above her, unable to bring herself to feel the relief the jump didn't kill her like she almost began to think it would. certainly they wouldn't kill initiates on the first day, right? then again, dauntless is full of surprises which she was beginning to take note of. there was something in how she felt now in this faction that made her relaxed. it brought out a side to her she didn't know existed. she felt like she belonged somewhere now, and for almost a moment, she nearly forgot about her being divergent.

suddenly she lost balance and was jerked to the side, a dauntless member pulling her down from the net. if it weren't for the person's hands holding onto her tightly she wouldn't lost her balance. when she looked up, her eyes widened in shock as she stared into the familiar chocolate brown eyes that always brought comfort to her. she was staring right at her brother who mirrored the same expression as her.

"tobias..." she whispered quietly, almost as if she couldn't believe if it was really him standing right in front of her.

he gave the smallest of smiles, "hey squirt. we'll talk later but for now, no one can know we're siblings. call me four." he gently squeezed her shoulders reassuringly when she nodded at his words, understanding the silent message in his eyes. "you keeping your name?"

she nodded, "yes, i guess so."

"first jumper, valentina!" four announced, earning cheers and applauds of approval behind him. "welcome to dauntless."

she caught sight of someone falling down into the hole and she grinned proudly when seeing it in fact was beatrice. already could she hear the quiet murmurs from the members of dauntless about the first two jumpers being two girls from abnegation. she could only assume they were thinking it was going to be dauntless born daring to jump first.

"second jumper, tris!" she listened to her brother announced as she stood off to the side as she had to wait for everyone to jump down. she smiled as the former abnegation girl made her way over, a glowing look on her face.

"you decided to change your name?" valentina asked her.

she nodded shyly, "i feel like i needed to."

"i think it suits you better." valentina told her making her smile at the compliment before their attention turned to a guy yelling as he fell into the net. the two girls laughed quietly to each others, amused at the fact they fell down quietly whereas a dauntless born wasn't so quiet about it.