Not my husband, asshole!

KEZIA

Everything has been leading up to this day. It's time we take down Billy Kimber.

I don't want anything bad to happen to the boys, but I guess that's what comes with being a Peaky Blinders.

I haven't told Tommy how nervous I am about this day. Only Polly knows, and she said that we'll ask God to watch over them.... just like I did during the war.

It's happening.....Today's the bloody day.

Black Star Day........

_____________________________

Tommy walks through the door, and he looks at me. "Where is Lucy?" He asks,  I glance up from the newspaper towards him. "She's at school. Last day before winter break," he nods and walks over to me, leaning against the wall.

"Good,  I don't want her to be anywhere near what's going to happen," he replies,  lighting a cigarette.  I take a deep breath,  looking back at the paper, trying to get my mind off of the events of today.

"Did you speak with Arthur?" I ask, keeping my eyes on the article. "Mmm-hmm," I hear Tommy reply as i take a sip of my tea.

"Is he ready?" I ask. He doesn't respond. He just takes a puff of his cigarette and walks away. I sigh, thinking of all the possibilities of what might happen today.

"Kezia... Kezia...." I suddenly snap out of my trance and look up and see Polly looking at me concerned.

"Good morning,  Pol," I reply, pulling my hair to the side.

"Go get ready, and we can start preparing." I hear her say.

I nod, walking up the stairs,  I grab a knee-length black dress with a black shawl attached to the sleeves. Polly gave me this dress last year for Christmas. She knew it was one of my favorite dresses that she owned, and she gave it to me since she grew out of it.

 She knew it was one of my favorite dresses that she owned, and she gave it to me since she grew out of it

I then clasp the ruby necklace around my neck and walk towards the bathroom,  brushing my teeth and hair. I pin my hair up into a braided bun.

I look at myself in the mirror, and I walk back downstairs, seeing Polly waiting for me.

"You look lovely in that dress," she compliments. "Thank you, Pol,  and you always looked wonderful wearing it as well."

"Well.... Let's finish our tea, and then we'll begin,  alright?" She tells me, I nod.

"Of course."

_____________________________

I stand in the kitchen with Polly,  trying to pray, but we can hear Tommy and John's conversation from upstairs.