The Wedding

December 21, 1910

KEZIA

I wake up to the sound of yelling, I open my eyes just to see my four year old niece, Emilia, jumping on my bed.

"GET UP AUNT ZIA!" She yells excitedly. I sit up, rubbing my eyes and yawning. Suddenly, my sister in law, and Emilia's mother, Allison walks in and glares at Emilia.

"What do you think you're doing, young lady? Sit down and do not yell!" Allison tells Emilia sternly.

Emilia gives a look of sadness as she drops on the bed in front of me. "Aunt Zia, you're getting married today!" Emilia informs me with a smile, I nod smiling.

"I know, Emmy. Now, I'll tell you what. Let's make a deal, shall we?" I reply, looking at her. She gives me a confused look.

"Ugh!" She groans, and she crosses her arms over her chest. Allison looks at us with a raised eyebrow.

"Oi! You didn't hear my deal, listen Emmy. Now, if you behave perfectly during the wedding ceremony and reception, you and Will can stay with me and Uncle Tommy for the weekend." I ramble calmly.

Her eyes widen, a grin plastered on her face. "Deal! Let me go tell Will!" She squeals as she jumps off the bed and runs out of the bedroom.

"Are you sure about that, Kezia? Are you and Tommy ready to deal with those two wild ones?" She laughs as she hands me my lavender colored robe.

I wrap it around myself and follow her out towards the kitchen. "Yes, we can...." I reply.

I look at the kitchen table to see my nephew, Will, and niece, Emmy, sitting together eating their breakfast.

I quickly make myself a cup of coffee and sit between my mother, Siobhan, and Allison at the table.

"Auntie Zia, can we really stay with you and Uncle Tommy for the weekend?" Will asks with a slight smile.

I nod my head, "Of course. You just have to behave. You two have important jobs in this ceremony. Ring barer and flower girl. If you get through the ceremony and reception without any problems, you can stay." I reply in a slightly stern voice.

"Yes, ma'am." Will replies. My mother looks at Will as he continues to eat his toast, "Will, sweetie, why don't you go get ready with your father and uncle Tommy and his brothers." Mom says sweetly.

Will looks up at us, "Grandma Shiv, I want to hang out with Emmy." He says, "but Darling, your Da, Uncle Tommy, and his older brother Arthur were friends when they were your age. You should go get ready with them, maybe Arthur can tell you some stories." Allison adds.

Will smiles as he gets up from his chair and walks towards the door. "See you all later!" He says happily. I see him run towards my older brother, Malcolm, and Allison live. That's where all the boys are getting ready.

I see him knock on the door. He looks up as he sees Tommy open the door with a small smile across his face.

"Can I come in, get ready with you and Dad?" I hear Will ask. "Of course, let's go." Tommy replies, picking Will up and resting him on his hip. He closes the door.

"He's going to be a great father one day..." I hear, I look to the side and see Mom also watching that confrontation between my fiancee and nephew.

I blush as I look down at my coffee mug.

We will be great parents....

_____________________________

It's been a few hours of just the four girls: myself, Allison, my mother, and Emmy, hanging out inside.