Chapter 11

POV: Kathir

Around 11 o'clock at night, I arrived at Raj's bar and went to the rooftop to take a seat. I sighed and looked around before taking out a cigarette, lighting it, and savoring the smoke. Just then, Raj climbed up and approached me.

RAJ: Hey, dude.

I looked at him and nodded as Raj took a seat.

RAJ: Your dad called you.

KATHIR: I know.

I savored the cigarette smoke, furrowing my eyebrows.

RAJ: Then why didn't you answer the call?

He asked, smiling, as I glared at him.

RAJ: Okay, fine.

He raised his hand in defense, then chuckled.

RAJ: Your dad called me. He asked about Renz's information. He said his documents are kept in your office room, and he wants those documents before tomorrow noon. I have to hand them over to him tonight.

As I looked at Raj, I exhaled the last bit of smoke, crushed the cigarette under my foot, stood up from the chair, and looked at Raj.

KATHIR: Let's go.

RAJ: Where? To your office?

I nodded, and both of us climbed down. I waited in the car while Raj closed his bar and got in. I drove my car, and we reached my office. We both got out of the car, entered the office, and Raj observed the surroundings.

RAJ: Your office looks creepy at night.

As he said that, I looked around and pointed towards the staircase. He nodded, and we climbed the stairs. Once we reached the third floor, I opened my office room, turned on the lamp, and Raj took a seat in the chair opposite mine. Raj looked around and sighed.

RAJ: You still haven't changed the room colors?

KATHIR: No.

I replied, walking towards the cabinet and taking a glass and a bottle of wine. I placed them on my office table and offered a glass to Raj.

KATHIR: For you.

RAJ: Thank you, dude.

He smiled and took the wine bottle to pour the wine into the glass. I nodded, then started searching for the documents in the drawer.

RAJ: Dude, I guess your mom misses you so mu-

I stopped searching, rolled my eyes, and glared at Raj, clenching my jaw. I asked him to stop.

KATHIR: Stop it, Raj.

RAJ: Okay, fine. I just want to see you happy.

KATHIR: What's wrong with me now? I'm still happy.

I said, continuing to search for the documents.

RAJ: Oh, really? But you don't look like it.

KATHIR: I said stop it! If you keep talking, I'll throw you out of the window right away.

I closed the drawer, placed the documents on the table, and glared at Raj, still clenching my jaw. Raj noticed my glare, sipped his wine, and chuckled.

RAJ: Okay! I'm sorry, man. You don't have to get mad at me.

I sighed and calmed myself.

KATHIR: Shall we leave now?

RAJ: Okay.

Raj sipped the last drop of wine, and I locked my office room door. We both climbed down the staircase and headed towards the main entrance. I held the files in my right hand when suddenly, Raj grabbed my arm, causing me to stop and look at him with one raised eyebrow.