Chapter 5

POV VIDYA

In my room, Vino was lying down on my bed while I walked around, speaking to Vino in confusion.

VIDYA: I don't know why he behaves like that towards me. It's so painful.

VINO: Hmm... why don't you ask him?

VIDYA: He never gives me a chance to talk, and when I'm in pain, my words don't come out. The bruises on my arm are still there.

I showed my arm to Vino, who furrowed her eyebrows in concern.

VINO: Oh, that's too bad. But why does he do it?

VIDYA: That's what I don't understand.

I groaned and sat on the bed, while Vino sighed and said,

VINO: Alright, if you see him next time, ask him why he behaves like that towards you!

VIDYA: Huff... do you think I'll be able to speak to him when I see him? He always has a serious face. How can I approach him if he looks like that?

VINO: Your description of him makes me even more curious to see him.

VIDYA: He has already been harsh towards me. I have no clue what he will do if he sees you.

VINO: Maybe he will hit me?

VIDYA: Maybe.

I smirked at Vino, who playfully hit my arm, causing me to giggle.

NARRATIVE

On the other side, Kathir went to an expensive club. He parked his black car in the parking lot, got out, and entered the club. Kathir spotted Raj and raised his hand in greeting. Kathir nodded and climbed the stairs to the rooftop, where there were tables and chairs set up for relaxation, exclusively for Kathir and Raj. Kathir sat on a chair, leaned back, closed his eyes, and let out a sigh. Raj joined him, carrying two bottles of beer and two glasses. Raj placed the bottles on the table and took his seat.

RAJ: What's up, dude?

Kathir opened his eyes and looked at Raj.

KATHIR: How was your day?

RAJ: Not bad! And yours?

KATHIR: Fine.

Kathir sighed and pulled out a pack of cigarettes, taking a white, big-sized lighter from his pocket. He lit up a cigarette, pressed his lips against it, and took a deep drag.

RAJ: Did you go to meet your parents?

Raj asked Kathir as he opened a beer bottle. Kathir shook his head.

KATHIR: No.

Kathir looked down while smoking, and Raj sighed.

RAJ: So, do you have any plans to meet them?

Raj poured the beer into a glass and handed it to Kathir, who received it.

KATHIR: I have no idea.

Kathir rolled his eyes in frustration, and Raj raised his glass for a toast.

RAJ: Okay, I won't ask about it again! Cheers?

Kathir clinked his glass with Raj's, and they took a sip. Raj had been Kathir's best friend since college, and he owned the club they were in. Whenever Kathir felt stressed or frustrated, he would come to his friend's club. As time passed, Kathir and Raj started to get drunk.

RAJ: I'm going to close the club.

KATHIR: Okay.

Kathir sipped his beer and nodded. He dropped the finished cigarette and stepped on it.

Raj began closing the club. On the rooftop, the wind blew gently on Kathir's face, making him feel relaxed. He sipped the last drop of his beer, placed the glass on the table, rested his right hand on the table, placed his head on his right hand, closed his eyes, and fell asleep.

POV VIDYA

In my room, I lay straight on the bed, looking at the ceiling fan. My friend Vino was already asleep, with her right leg resting on my left leg.

Why can't I stop thinking about him? Why does he behave like that towards me? Is he angry because I didn't want to work there after he hired me? And I noticed something in his eyes, but I'm not sure what it was.

I sat up from my bed, got down, and approached the mirror, scratching my head. I stopped scratching when I saw my reflection in the mirror and noticed the bruises on my arm. I held my arm and looked at the bruises, then glanced at my reflection for a few seconds.

Why is he so weird? Ugh...

I bit my lip, lost in thought. Then I realized something.

Ugh, why is it disturbing me so much?

I groaned, rolled my eyes, and looked at the clock. It was 3 am. I glanced at Vino, who was sleeping peacefully. Vino's sleeping posture brought a smile to my face. Shaking my head, I climbed back into bed, turned off the lights, pulled the blanket over myself, and closed my eyes.