𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

Xiao Zhan returned to the mansion first, took the Chisha Sword, and went to the ancestral hall to burn incense for his father before going out with the sword.

When he rushed to the other palace without stopping, He Cuizhang and the others were no longer there. Only a group of flustered servants remained.

He found one of them and asked: "Where is Wang Xu?"

"He, he fled," the servant said tremblingly. "Just now, a group of men in black suddenly appeared and fought with a group of soldiers, and then secretly took him away.

Xiao Zhan searched around again. If he fought He Cuizhang and the others, there would definitely be some casualties. In the end, he found some scattered corpses on the way down the mountain.

He tore the mask off a corpse. The costume and headgear were obviously from Nanjiang, and his face was already turning black, likely because he had poisoned himself.

At this time, a flare lit up in the sky. This was their signal arrow. He immediately ran in that direction and found He Cuizhang and the others outside the city gate.

"General, those people were using poisoned arrows and gas, and escaped," He Cuizhang said guiltily.

"Which way did they go?"

"They were very clever, and scattered in all directions. I have sent people to chase them separately, but there are not enough people and I fear their tricks," He Cuizhang said.

"You go back and send more people to chase after them, I'm afraid something big is going to happen." After Xiao Zhan gave orders in a heavy voice, he followed the main road to Nanjiang until dawn. Seeing neither the fleeing group nor hearing from the other teams, he returned.

Morning court had already started, so Xiao Zhan walked directly into the main hall, reported the previous night's situation, and said: "The Nanjiang people took away our prince without fear, either because of internal problems, or because the entirety of Najiang has the intention to rebel."

The officials were in an uproar. They didn't expect that the King of Nanjiang would dare to do such a rebellious thing not long after he left Beijing. They were also surprised that the useless prince still found a chance to escape. The goal was very clear – most likely, he was coming for the throne.

Wang Xuan said: "General Xiao did not return last night, so I have already sent someone to spread the order to search all the strongholds. This person must be brought to justice. There are people arranged by us in Nanjiang, and if there is any change, we will definitely be informed."

Not only that, but Wang Xuan also mentioned the cause of the old General Xiao's death. The officials were indignant, and asked Xiao Zhan for details.

Now that the murderer had been identified, Xiao Zhan explained everything in detail. In any case, he would kill Wang Xu with his own hands sooner or later, so as to save the Imperial Censor time impeaching him for the great crime of disrespecting the royal family.

After learning that the death of the old general was related to Nanjiang, some people who had attended the banquet began to recall the details.

Li Jinyu suddenly said: "Speaking of which, I remember one thing. When Nanjaing showed us Gu poison, I inadvertently saw the former prince and the Eighth Princess of Nanjiang exchanging poison in the corner. It's just that everyone was making exchanges at that time, so I didn't think much about it."

"Was the poison colorless and odorless?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"It seemed to be so."

"It appears that the matter has become clear. The former Crown Prince and the Eighth Princess knew each other in the early years, and secretly communicated with each other. They covertly gave and received poison, and poisoned General Xiao, who was serving the country and the people, committing a heinous crime. Forthwith, the fugitive Wang Xu will be hunted down across the nation."