𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔

Today, Wang Yibo was summoned to the palace. Three days later would be the worship ceremony for the late emperor, and Wang Xuan invited him to discuss some important details.

Wang Xuan didn't want to make it too grand, but the Xuan Dynasty had always attached great importance to worship rituals, so a superficial attempt was necessary.

But Wang Xuan came to him not only to discuss how to hold the worship ceremony, which the Ministry of Rites was in charge of, but how to deal with the people in the other palace.

There was also a former prince under house arrest in that palace.

When Wang Xuan seized the throne, the deposed prince was the first to be toppled, and then the other families began to move and seek power. When the Second Prince and Fourth Prince saw that Wang Xuan was beginning to show his power, they joined forces and sent people to assassinate him. However, there was no danger at that time. The Gold Collar Guard rescued him in time, and Wang Yibo also blocked an arrow for him. Afterwards, the two planned to kill the two princes.

Now, apart from Wang Xuan, there was only the former Crown Prince and a timid and simple Fifth Prince. After Wang Xuan ascended the throne, the Fifth Prince was sent to the northern border as a vassal lord. During the New Year, he even went to Beijing to attend the state banquet, but had not returned at this point and would wait until the ceremony was over before departing.

"The people from the Ministry of Rites say that the former Crown Prince should participate in the worship ceremony. Is there any way to prevent him from participating?" Wang Xuan asked.

"There is, assassinate him before he can participate," Wang Yibo said.

Wang Xuan laughed: "Wouldn't that give the Ministry of Rites and that Imperial Censor more topics to play with?"

Wang Yibo sighed: "Why is that fellow still not dead?"

It was called the 'other palace,' but it was actually a deserted cold palace on the mountainside on the outskirts of the city. There were only a dozen or so servants to clean it, and the former Crown Prince, who was self-indulgent by nature, suffered a lot.

They had originally thought it would take a few years for him to die, but last year, Yu Junliang was sent to visit the other palace, and when he returned, he said that the other party was a bit crazy, but still alive.

"No matter, forgive him for not being in good condition. Let him participate, and let the Father Emperor in the sky also see how shameful his favorite prince is now," Wang Xuan said. "You take someone to the other palace to inform him."

"Shi."

After Wang Yibo left the palace, he set off immediately. When he passed the market, he happened to bump into Xiao Zhan, who was on patrol.

Xiao Zhan asked where he was going, and he told him about the other palace.

"I'll accompany you." Xiao Zhan glanced at the dozen or so guards the other party had brought and whispered, "Why bring the Imperial Guard? Don't you know that your husband is a great general, ah? There are so many people under him. You can go to the training grounds and pick a few who are better than these people."

Wang Yibo was amused, and said: "The Emperor arranged it."

"Don't listen to him, wait until I find some new people." Xiao Zhan called out a few times on the road, and after a while, He Cuizhang, Zuo Ran, and some others appeared.

Listening to the chirping of the group behind him, Wang Yibo felt that he had brought a flock of birds along with him.

"When we get to the other palace, you should keep quiet. Do you hear me?"