𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Yin Pinglu took the people assigned to her and went straight to the government office.

Those relatives of the Yin family were still staying in the Yin residence. They were sitting together in discussion about how to deal with the Imperial Envoy, when they heard a servant come to report: "My lord, Sixth Young Lady is back!"

"Pinglu?" Magistrate Yin put down his teacup and stormed out. When he saw Yin Pinglu, he pointed at her in a fit of rage and cursed, "You unfilial daughter, you still know to come back?!"

Yin Pinglu: "I came back to do business."

"What business can you do? You unfilial daughter, I'm going to beat you to death today! This old man has lost all face because of you!" Magistrate Yin stepped forward and raised his hand, but a thick bronze token appeared before his eyes. The words "Imperial Envoy" came into view.

"Who dares to strike me?" Holding the token, Yin Pinglu looked at him with cold eyes, and the people behind her quickly prepared to protect her in the center.

"Why do you have this token?" Magistrate Yin lowered his hand and looked at her in astonishment.

"I am here to investigate the case for Wang-daren. He is busy and cannot spare the time, so he asked me to come in his stead." Yin Pinglu showed a letter. "Third brother-in-law, this is Kuang Zhimei's last letter, which records all of your crimes. Do you plead guilty?"

"What crimes? What Kuang Zhimei? I don't understand what you're talking about!" County Magistrate Wu shouted.

"Kuang Zhimei is the woman you raped last year. You don't seem to remember her. Is it because there are other victims?" Yin Pinglu said.

"How is this possible! You show me that letter!"

Yin Pinglu handed the letter to him, and the county magistrate hurriedly opened it. Magistrate Yin also leaned over to take a look. After a while, both of their faces sank more and more.

With trembling hands, County Magistrate Wu suddenly crumpled up the paper and swallowed it.

"Brother-in-law, what you just ate is a copy that I made." The corners of Yin Pinglu's mouth twitched without humor, and she took out a wrinkled envelope. "This one is the original."

"Yin Pinglu! I never harmed you! Why do you cause trouble for me like this?!" County Magistrate Wu stared at her viciously, wishing to tear her apart.

"You didn't harm me, but what kind of disgusting eyes did you look at me with all the time?" Yin Pinglu raised her chin, took a deep breath, and said calmly, "It is not me who harmed you, but yourself. You hurt good women and innocent people, and spun a cocoon around yourself."

"Enough!" Magistrate Yin interrupted them. "Isn't it a trivial thing to convict someone with one letter? Who knows whether it has been fabricated out of thin air?"

"Yin-daren, don't worry, Wang-daren has already found other evidence. You should hurry up and think about your other crimes, so you can explain them and strive for leniency." After Yin Pinglu finished speaking, she turned around and led the people away.

"Yin Pinglu! You are of the Yin family's blood! If you dare to step out of that door, you will no longer be part of the Yin family!" Magistrate Yin shouted.

Yin Pinglu turned her head and said word by word: "I have never been happy to belong to the Yin family."

She strode out the door and looked up at the sky. The corners of her eyes were moist, but she quickly stabilized her emotions and left with her head held high under the eyes of the watching crowd.

The purpose of her trip was not to anger this group of people, but to emancipate herself from the Yin residence. Only when she completely drew a line between her and the Yin family could she try to escape being convicted later.