It's Your Funeral

Amanda stared at the governor as he drew an imaginary zipper over his mouth. They were running out of time with his silence. And the governor was smart to know all he needed to do before his lawyer comes was be silient. She let out a gush of breath. Elijah slightl shook his head at her.

Victor was a hard man.

She nodded at him, silently telling him it is time to unleash the bomb from the closet, but Elijah felt they needed more time. "can I talk to you for a sec?" she asked Elijah when she could no longer endure his beating-around-the-bush approach.

It is then Victor opens his eyes briefly to spy on them. "don't you miss us now, mr givernor." Elijah said, following amanda out.

"we have to ambush him now, or we may never get the chance." She said. "this was never about the embezzlement case...this is for Patrick...for philip."

Elijah is silence; he stared at her for a few minutes before nodding. "alright, let's do it." He said, opening the door to the interrogation room and gesturing for amanda to go in.

Victor looked up as amanda and philip returned. "I hope you both have nothing to do with the delay of lawyer....cause it's..." he looked down at his wrist were his watch is supposed to be, but had been taken upon the arrest. "tell me what is this all about?"

"did philip oz put you up to this because I tried to take oz corp?" he asked and then hissed, crossing his leg on the other and leaning back on his chair. "I was trying to save that place. Patrick was a good friend and oz corp would have prospered better under my supervision than that pampered to stupor brat philip."

Amanda sat opposite the governor with a tight lip smile plastered to her face. "good friends eh? I don't think you were ever questioned about the death of Patrick oz."

Victor rolled his eyes – irritated by the questions he knew were still incoming. "oh my god...this has to be my worst nightmares. Pinch someone."

"this is real mr governor....we know you and Patrick were involved with some shady people...apexIan right?" Elijah asked.

Victor eyes darted to Elijah and then he closed his eyes again and amanda knew that was it. He wasn't going to talk. "you can choose not to talk but we have evidence that you were working with Ian Bushwick."

His eyes remains closed.

"huh? The guy experimenting on humans, does that ring a bell? We have you and him in a photo, we have the list of his sponsors and he's testimony against you." amanda said.

Victor opened his eyes again. "what?  You'd rather be charged with, embezzlement? Patrick's murder because we know you did it or would you rather be tainted for life as the governor who aided illegal human experiments?"

Victor glared at amanda still saying nothing, but she could tell bending the truth has got him on edge. "I want my lawyer!" he slammed his cuffed fists on the table, casuing amanda to flinch. She cocked her head to the side, "it better be a good one....cause tik tik tik tock goes the clock."

"let's go." Elijah who has been silent, watching amanda go at the governor said. They both walked out, hearing Victor bang on the table again and again.

Amanda grinned when they were out. "that got him."

"I think it is high time you let me do my job." Elijah said, staring down at her. "I know you are trying to get him to confess, but bending the truth. Maybe other cops do that but I don't."

Her hands whip up to cover her mouth, "oh my...I'm sorry. I didn't think."

He shook his head, gesturing for her to calm down. "well, let's see what he decides before his lawyer arrives."