Chapter 23: First Time in Meeting

IM Y/N

When I walked into the meeting room with Yurim, I saw ten other people sitting at the large circular table. Yurim and I took our seats on the empty chairs.

Everyone introduced themselves, and I learned more about them and the compound. In the Seoul Compound, there are ten "neighborhoods," and these ten people lead the small neighborhoods. It's like tiny territories in a country.

"Now we finished introductions, I just wanted to start with good news," said Yurim, starting the meeting. "The trees we planted years ago are progressing, growing to their standard size. The gardeners will plant more during the week."

The neighborhood leaders applauded, and I followed suit.

"And water is becoming healthier as well," Yurim added. "We're getting closer to restoring our home planet."

As we clapped again, a question suddenly appeared in my head. I was generally curious about this.

"Aunt Yurim," I said after the claps faded away. "Is there any way to contact the other compounds besides monthly face-to-face meetings?"

"We would contact them by phone, but phone services are barely working," said Lee Changsun, one of the other leaders present. "The main topic at the group compound meetings is phone service."

I nodded slowly. It would be nice to know what the other compounds are doing to revive Earth. We could trade ideas out, making more significant progress.

"If it's not too much, I would like to suggest something," I said. Everyone had their full attention on me.

"It would be better if we met with the compounds every week instead of every month, like the meeting we're in now. We can trade ideas quicker and learn how they're restoring Earth too. I feel like it'll get us closer to our goal."

The room was quiet, and I feared that I suggested the wrong thing. That was until Changsun cleared his throat.

"I wanted to try a different meeting set up with the other compounds, but I never knew how to explain it," he said. "But Y/n used the words I couldn't find."

"Yes, we should have a closer relationship with the other compounds. We trade with them after all," said Hong Sungmi, another leader. Everyone else began to agree as well.

"I think that's a wonderful idea," Yurim smiled, looking at me. "You're already proving that you're going to be a wonderful leader of the Seoul Compound one day, Y/n."

I blushed. "Thank you all."

I was glad I didn't get talked down from being a newbie in this meeting. It's helping me grow my confidence.

Maybe this won't be so bad.

--------------------

If I didn't mention this before, prepare yourselves for the ending. :/

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and follow!