Chapter 13: The Doctor and His Friend

You woke up in an unfamiliar bedroom. You felt something cold on your forehead. You touched it and felt your finger on a wet towel. You figured that you had fallen asleep with a fever.

The bedroom door opened, and a tall man with black hair walked in, carrying a bottle of water and a pill. He saw you sitting up and sighed with relief. "You're finally awake," he said. "You've been out of it since this morning."

"Wait, so it's the evening now?" you ask. "Mhm," the man hummed. "Here, take this Tylenol. Your fever went down, but I still wanted to see if you were okay."

"Thanks." You took the pill and water bottle out of his hands. Then placing the medicine on your tongue, you opened the water bottle and took large sips as it went down your throat.

"Who are you, and how did I get here?" you asked. The man sat on the corner of the bed. "My name is Kang Taehyun. My friend and I heard a loud explosion last night, so we decided to explore this morning. We were driving and looking at the debris when we saw you and the other boy lying on the ground."

"Oh, and speaking of the boy, he's still asleep. He had a broken wrist and a few broken ribs. It's probably from the impact of the rock."

"Wait, Yeonjun? I need to go see him!"

You tried to get out of bed, but Taehyun grabbed your arm. "No, you can't get out of bed yet. You're still not fully healed!"

"But he's my friend; I need to see him!"

"Well, you're in luck, Y/n."

Both you and Taehyun turned to the doorway to see a tall, blond-haired guy standing there. "Sorry to interrupt. My name is Huening Kai, and I took care of Yeonjun. He's awake and asking for you now."

Taehyun released your arm. Then with his help, you stood up from the bed. "I'll help you walk," he said, holding your right hand and left shoulder. "Thank you," you said.

Together you, Taehyun, and Kai walked to the bedroom across the hall. As you got closer, you saw Yeonjun sitting up on the bed.

You couldn't wait anymore. You shouted out Yeonjun's name and ran to embrace him in a hug. "Y/n, not too tight; I have broken ribs!" he groaned. "Ah, sorry!" you said, releasing you and becoming flustered. "Nah, it's fine; I'm glad you're okay."

"Yeah, same."

Kai and Taehyun walked into the room soon after. "It's wild how you two survived that train explosion. A thing like that could kill anyone!" Kai exclaimed. "Did they find any survivors?" you asked.

Taehyun shook his head. "It was an empty train; there was no sign of anyone on it."

"What? How? Our belongings were there, and the conductor was on the train too." Yeonjun argued. "How did they not find any trace of people?"

"Conductor? There's no conductor on the bullet train to Hellas Basin; it's machine-controlled from the station."

A million thoughts raced through your head. If there was no conductor, then who was the man on the train?

"Taehyun, if I may ask, how do you know about the train?" Yeonjun asked. "It's not every day you would meet someone who knows about the Hellas Basin bullet train."

"I should be asking you two that. Why are high schoolers traveling to Hellas Basin? I know you two aren't certified to be there."

You and Yeonjun looked at each other, waiting for one to answer. Before anyone could, Kai stepped in. "You two can answer later; wait until your injuries heal. To answer your question, Yeonjun: Taehyun was the head doctor of Hellas Basin."

"Wait, you've been to Hellas Basin?" you exclaimed. "Then you can take us there!"

"No. I'm not going back there ever again. I saw a lot of things I wish I hadn't." Taehyun shuddered.

"Taehyun, did you know who my dad was? His name is Choi Minsu," asked Yeonjun. "Ah, yes! He was a favorite in the facility."

"Do you know who my mom was too? Her name is Im Yoona," you said.

Taehyun shuddered again, but this time with a fearful expression.

"Im Yoona is the reason I don't want to go back."

—————
Taehyun is scared of Y/n's mom. Gee, I wonder why?? (Hehe) ;)
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!