Chapter 17 - Walls

His question lingers loudly in the room despite having been spoken quite lowly.

His eyes glares into mine. The silver specs in his eyes overtaken by the darkness that I've seen so many times before.

My mouth feels dry as I speak. "I'd like to."

His grip around my wrist tightens and in a blink I'm pulled closer to Legion. I stagger a bit but Legion is quick to grab my other wrist to steady me.

A gasp escapes my lips. Legion leans in. "Not tonight." His breath tickles my ear and I shudder at the feeling of him being so close.

His answer feels almost dangerous, but something about it excites me. My eyes widen as he retreats again and I stare at him with a slightly parted mouth, waiting for words to come out.

When nothing does I close my mouth again. Legion stares at me for a couple more moments, his eyes darkening by the second. Then without warning he lets go of my wrists and I stumble backwards a bit.

Now with some distance between us, my mouth decides to start working again. "Why not?" I sound breathless. But I've barely been moving?

It looks like a slight smirk starts tugging on Legions lips before he answers. "You said it yourself. You're not ready." His smirk disappears faster than it appeared.

I completely ignore his answer and instead focus on his smirk. Something about it annoys me. Like he knows something I don't and isn't telling me.

"Fine." I mutter annoyed and turn around in a quick movement. "Then you can keep that from me too! Nothing new there." I walk away from him and go to the other side of the bed.

As I do this Legion begins to unbutton his shirt and I awkwardly glance back and forth, trying to avoid looking at him, but finding it hard not to... When he goes to undo his pants I hold a hand up. "Okay that's enough." The words leave my mouth before I even register them and my eyes meet his in panic.

Legion raises an eyebrow and stares at me for a couple of moments before dropping his hands. My eyes travel quickly down his body before breaking away from his figure. His body is like that of a marble statue. Hard and impressive. Hard muscles underneath his skin. I blush and lower my gaze to my feet.

Legion doesn't call me out on anything though, he simply throws back the covers and swiftly gets into the large bed. I stand still for a couple of seconds, waiting for him to say something, when he doesn't, I sigh and follow with frustrated movements. His silence is as always a mystery.

I make an effort to be as far away from him as I can possibly be but he's either ignoring me or simply doesn't care enough, because he remains silent.

I lay there frustrated and... disappointed.

Why am I disappointed again?

The feeling only fuels my frustration and suddenly an idea pops into my head. Hurriedly I begin to grab all the many plush pillows from the bed. This gains Legions attention as he glances at my rapid movements.

I lay all the pillows in a single line formation down the middle of the bed as to form a wall between us. When I begin to stack pillows on top of the first layer Legion speaks up. "What's this?"

He doesn't sound cold as usual, instead his voice has a hint of amusement in it. Something vague but noticeable to me.

"It's a wall." I simply state trying to sound as unbothered as possible. As I continue to build the wall high I speak again. "To separate your side of the bed," I place the last pillow I have on row two, "and mine."