Chapter 3 - Departure

My heart is pounding in my chest as I stand there pinned between Legion and the wall. I feel frightened by the sudden action and strangely enough I'm also filled with a lust that I quickly suppress.

The dang bond is messing with my head, the second he touches me my body starts betraying me!

"It must be a mistake!" I speak out finally. "I can't be yours." I sound pathetic and small but it also feels freeing to voice my thoughts.

How can someone like me have a mate... not to mention the freaking king!

He takes a small step back so my body is able to move whilst still standing way too close, so I keep my head down to avoid his eyes. "Do you not understand what the bond means Willow?" He retorts sternly.

"I do! But you are the king and I am me! This does not make sense, don't you see it's a mistake of some kind." Frustrated I throw my hands over my face. It doesn't take long before I feel his hands grab mine and he nudges my hands a bit signalling me to remove them from my face, but instead of doing so I press them harder against my head.

Suddenly I feel cold and I can sense that he has fully left my proximity, however I don't remove my hands to check as I now feel embarrassed by my discomposure. If I hide in my hands I'm sure he'll get the hint and leave... Right...?

Probably not.

My head peaks up as I hear rummaging, Legion isn't to be seen anywhere so I follow the sound. The sounds are coming from my room and I find him there throwing clothes on my bed. "What are you doing." I almost screech out.

He doesn't even bother turning around, he just carries on as he speaks up with his back turned, "you don't really need much of this cheap clothes, back at the castle you'll have what you need, so just clothes for the trip will do."

I panic and now it's my turn to grab his arm to stop him. "I'm not leaving like this!" He yoinks my arm effortlessly and I fall into the bed. "Then tell me how you are leaving." He snaps.

As I lay there I feel disoriented as ever. If he truly is my mate... then being apart will hurt me tremendously, but my life is in danger if I stay with him because I'm the white wolf.

Part of me wants to follow my mate everywhere, I suppose that's what a mate does to you, but the other part of me can't allow it because of the danger it entails.

I feel tears form in my eyes under his scrutinizing gaze but I don't allow a single tear to drop. My chest rises with each breath I take and breathing seems harder than it should. Today did not go as I expected...

He towers over me while I'm on the bed, his face is expressionless and I start to question if he even has real emotions.

"Hello?" We both turn our heads in sync to my mothers voice but none of us speak a word. She must've heard the news by now and I push myself up to sit on the edge of my bed as I hear my mothers footsteps approach the bedroom door.

She rounds the corner and a shocked facial expression fills her face. "Oh my... it is true then." She sounds just as worried as I feel and more anxiety rises within me as I start to doubt if anything can be done. I know The Moon Goddesses' will shouldn't be questioned but I don't understand her plan right now.

My mother stands still not saying a thing and the silence that washes over us is thick enough to cut with a knife. Legion breaks the silence, "your daughter is here to say goodbye." And with that he walks past my mother leaving the bedroom.

My mother immediately becomes wide-eyed as he passes her and it's obvious that she doesn't quite know what to say, her mind is racing and she ends up shooting me a questioning look.