Chapter 11 - Remedy

I return to my room with a pounding heart and as I open the door all sorts of fabrics overflow the room. The room is stuffed with extravagant dresses and an even more ecstatic Marisa than when I left, if that's even possible.

Marisa isn't the only person in the room anymore either, there's more people and their chattering come to a halt upon seeing me.

"There you are." Marisa exclaims walking over to greet me by grabbing both my hands in a tight squeeze. "I was scared you had gotten lost or worse, ran away." She chuckles and returns her eyes to the many people.

"Now, I've gathered you all here to prepare a ceremony so let's start with the ceremonial dresses shall we."

They all bow their head a bit with a smile to acknowledge her request. These people seem to like Marisa based on their relaxed faces and even happy expressions.

One of the women step forward and directs her attention to me as she speaks. "Your Highness, we've made a variety of ceremonial dresses for you-"

"You... made these?" I accidentally interrupt the woman as I'm taken aback with astonishment. I'm quick to realize how rude it is to interrupt so I lower my head and apologize. "I'm sorry, it's just that I arrived yesterday..."

The women all look at each other with knowing smiles before someone responds. "We started making them the second we heard the news of The Kings mate."

It dawns on my that the women made these grand dresses in much less than 24 hours. "That must've been very difficult, I'm sorry." I reply feeling a bit embarrassed that they went through all that trouble just because of me.

I glance at the dresses again, they all look like they should've taken at least a week to prepare because of the intricate and detailed design. They're all unique in their own way but they all share two things in common: they're white and have a lot of fabric trailing behind them.

"Stop apologizing Your Highness, we were extremely happy when we heard the news. It's a miracle that we're honored to be a part of." The woman continues and I furrow my brows at the word miracle.

Marisa chimes in before I can question the word. "But alas you can only wear one, so which one will it be?"

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Marisa and I am alone and once again. I'm peering into the golden mirror but this time the dress doesn't fit within the frame fully, not even to mention how heavy it is. However it is undeniably gorgeous. The beautiful white gown delicately embraces my figure, accentuating the curves of my body and complimenting my slim waistline. It exudes an irresistible allure.

The gown has a bare neckline that frames my shoulders, leaving them bare while showing off my collarbone. The dress also has some exquisite lacework sleeves that add even more elegance to the already incredible dress.

But the most captivating element of the gown is its magnificent train, flowing behind me. The train seems to stretch on endlessly, like a waterfall of fabric.

The layers of soft fabric and delicate silk create a dreamlike illusion, as if I'm floating on air.

As I stand in this mesmerizing white dress, a mixture of nerves and excitement courses through my veins. The approaching ceremony looms in the back of my mind, filling me with both anticipation and anxiety. The gown's beauty however does serve as a reminder of the seriousness about all of this. This is truly happening, and on top of it, in front of a lot of people.