Chapter 5 - Clothes

We're back to walking again, this morning was tense as I was awoken by Legion moving the second the sun arose. Throughout the night I had apparently gotten quite comfortable and had snuggled up to Legion, this made me feel extremely embarrassed and the feeling has been sticking ever since.

They all shifted back to their human form and we quickly ate some sort of bread that I've never tasted before and berries. It was actually quite delicious despite being cold. The rest of the bread was packed away in a bag that I hadn't noticed until now, carried by one of the brunettes. My guess is that they had kept the bag up here in the mountains, hidden safely while they ventured down in the forest for whatever reason.

Then we started moving again immediately, guess there's no time to waste with the king.

Speaking off, Legion has been looking at me more today, unlike yesterday I don't feel like air, but today I wish I was. The night still lingers around...

"We have three days worth of travel left." Legions voice fills the silence.

He's looking at me and I look around confused. He's talking to me?

"Willow?" There's a tint of confusion in his voice.

"Yes?" I keep my head down.

"Did you hear me?" He speaks with assertiveness.

I nod. I still feel like if I'm betraying myself by simply speaking to him, even just addressing his existence.

He quickly he slows his pace until he is walking right beside me. I raise my gaze, meeting his intense stare. "Are you ill?"

He must assume the cold of night has gotten to me, which I think it would've had it not been for him...

"No I'm fine."

He squints his eyes as if trying to pierce through my exterior and peer directly into my head . "I can sense something is wrong."

What a genius. Something is wrong, it's that I'm not home!

I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Do not roll your eyes at me." His voice is stern.

I stay silent. I know I shouldn't push him. Still wanting to triumph in some way, I ignore him. I want to return his favour from yesterday and make him feel like air.

Instead, I shift my focus to the surroundings, scanning the area. The mountains that are usually dressed in snow appear to lack some coverage and for the first time I notice how the tree's natural brown color is displayed. My eyes dart around in awe and upon further investigation I spot a cluster of trees ahead, covered with vibrant green leaves. Feeling ecstatic and overwhelmed by the hidden beauty of nature beneath the snowy facade, I dismiss Legion and pick up my pace.

An insatiable curiosity compels me to delve deeper into the green landscape. The trials ahead have become less steep, granting me a sense of walking on a straight path. I have no sense of how far up or down we are, but one thing is certain: the further I walk, the more the warmth embraces me.

As I press forward to pass two of Legions men, who are still walking in the front, my progress is abruptly halted as the man with reddish hair steps in front of me, cutting off my path.

"Let her." Legion's authoritative voice commands.

By the command of Legion the reddish haired guy retreats from my line of sight.

I continue my walk in the same awe. Nothing and no one will stop my discoveries through this breathtaking landscape. The sheer magnificence of it all fuels my determination, propelling me forward.