Chapter 14 - Tensions

I awake suddenly, confused and groggy. My eyes slowly blink open as I hear the faint sound of Marisa's voice through the door along with knocking. "Your Highness." It almost sounds like she's singing.

My eyes shoot open and I instantly sit upright startled by my sudden awakening.

It's morning?

My face contorts into a confused expression as I try to recall last nights events. A hot flash runs through my body as I remember soft lips colliding with mine, then it ending abruptly. Then there was some anger and I got into bed.... As did Legion!

Startled I whip my head around scared to see what I'll find. Much to my horror, my eyes are met with the large figure belonging to Legion.

All color drains from my face as I realize that he has slept next to me in the bed, currently with one of his arms wrapped around behind me.

How did I not notice that until now!?

"I'm coming in!" Marisa continues as I fail to respond.

At this my head peaks up again. "No no no wait!" I say loudly and Legion stirs awake besides me.

"Oh hush I'm entering."

By the time I register Marisas words, the door creaks open and I know it's to late. At the same time Legion sits up casually not seeming bothered.

Marisa stops dead in her tracks upon seeing us in bed together and gasps as her eyes flicker between us.

"You rule breaking little rascals." Her lips form a huge smile with the usual teasing glints in her eyes.

"It's not what it looks like!" I stress as I hold up a hand to stop her from venturing further into her assumptions.

Legion sighs and gets out of bed in a shift motion then he corrects his somewhat disheveled clothes. "Don't mind Marisa she simply loves some good gossip." Legion tries to reassure me as he runs his hands through his unkept hair, trying to get it slicked back.

For a short moment my eyes linger on his messy hair and I feel some color return to my face along with heat, but the moment is short lived as Marisa replies.

"I mean this is hardly gossip, I caught you red handed." She sounds ecstatic and I drop my head in my hands now feeling heat rise to my cheeks for a different reason than the sight of Legions messy hair.

"Marisa, put a dimmer on your delusions please." Legion sounds assertive but as I've witnessed before it never intimidates Marisa so it's pretty much pointless, which is proven correct as she giggles.

"I won't tell, let's just hope you didn't mark her yet or she'll have to wear a scarf today." I peer through my fingers still too embarrassed to face them, unfortunately she notices it and sends a wink my way.

I groan and get out of bed, hoping that my fully dressed state might be an indication that we're telling the truth, however I doubt anything could change her mind at the moment.

Legion simply ignores Marisa as he brushes his hands over his clothes, while Marisa throws suggestive glances my way.

"Willow." Legion says, not giving Marisa any more attention, he directs his full attention to me. "I look forward to the ceremony and I hope the feeling is mutual." Though his voice is huskier than usual this early, I can still hear the slightly hopeful tone in his voice. Unfortunately my mouth is still glued shut due to Marisa wiggling her eyebrows at me which is very apparent from the corners of my eyes, making me unable to formulate any coherent sentence.

He catches on quickly as he looks at his cousin and send a nod my way, "very well. If you need anything let me know." With that he leaves the room while my eyes widen slightly at his kind offer. It feels like the first time he's said anything like it... perhaps yesterday changed something between us?