I Said NO

Indy wakes on Saturday morning to a once again empty bed. Her coffee is on her coaster, hot, and a smile creeps on her lips. She loves her weekend mornings. She loves her weekday morning, her afternoons, and evenings too - she loves every dam moment she has knowing Austin is right there. Her note this morning is sweet and gives her butterflies. The man has her wrapped around his finger.

Every time you kiss me
it’s like sunshine and whiskey.

She opens her drawer and places the note into an envelope along with all her others. Who would have thought she would ever have a little envelope full of sweet little notes? It makes her heart happy and she kisses the envelope before she places it neatly back into her drawer. Her confidence has grown steadily over the time she has spent with Austin. She is still softly spoken and timid, but she is not as skittish anymore - Austin builds her up. With that thought, she gets out of bed and heads to the kitchen. Her sister and parents live in Longbeach, LA. It's just under an hour away. They will leave as soon as Austin is back and meet them for brunch then head back home for an early night before they head off to Austin's family. She is hit with a pang of fear - what if his family does not like her? What if they turn her away or worse, what if they are mean to her? She could not take it and she could not take the pain that would come with losing Austin. He loves and cherishes his family. He would never choose her over them.

She pushes the anxiety down. No. Austin said he is a reflection of them and if that's true they are good kind people who would never be nasty even if they are not particularly fond of her. She is not good enough for Austin, she knows that. But, she hopes they see how much she adores him. She pushes thoughts of them aside, she can't let her fears buckle her newfound confidence. She picks up her phone and sees she has hundreds of messages. She ignores them all and sends one simple text to her sister.

I am coming to LA.
I will meet you at Olly's at 10.

Finally! I have been going
like a crazy person. The stress u
have put me threw is gross
wedding bills are stacking up
and you need to pay them
Before the deals I have
made fill threw.

We will talk over brunch.

Whatever. I want a wedding
gift from u. Don't think just
because you are paying for
a wedding you can weasel out
of that. u have put me threw
heel this last month 
thankfully I have not
uninvented you 2 my wedding.
But you won't be a bridesmaid.
Don't cry about it you are
the only blame here.

What gift did you want?

I want 2 go on a crewz.
To like an iland. U can get
that is because u really
hurt me by ignoring me.

No. I am not paying for
you to go on a cruise.
We will talk at brunch.

Indy has to read their sister's texts twice, she sounds stupid even through text. No wonder she dropped out of college. She puts down her phone and then walks off to the bedroom to get ready as her phone goes insane with her sister's now endless texts while she throws yet another tantrum. Indy chooses her outfit for the day and then hops into the shower, washing herself as fast as she can. But, knows she is too late when the sounds of Miss Daisy's grunting get closer. "Incoming!" Austin shouts as the shower door is suddenly flung open and Miss Daisy comes flying in and straight to her scratching post as Indy jumps out of the way.

"Indy, I am going to be real pissed off with her if she hurts you," Austin warns as he reaches into the shower and grabs her soap. "Miss Daisy weighs more than you do and I can't stop her when she bolts for the fucking shower," he says squirting soap on her. He is not impressed. "I thought I had more time, sorry. I was just about to get out," Indy says walking closer to him and stepping out of the shower. "I take it that, that solid text notification going off on your phone is an indication that you contacted your sister?" he asks grabbing her arm gently as she moves away from him to get a towel. "Yes. She will meet us for brunch at 10 am and she will bring my parents I am sure. She suggested I pay for her honeymoon as a wedding gift. She wanted to go on a cruise. She spelt cruise c-r-e-w-z. I said no, that's why she is blowing up my phone. She is in tantrum mode."