One Hundred Children?

Lilith pulls up to one of the bars Indy remembers passing when they arrived on their first night. It's just as busy and the country music is loud. People are spilling out the doors, they all look happy and she recognizes some of them from her visit to town with Austin. "Ok, so you know the rule of Stetsons being off while inside?" Olivia asks as they climb out. "Yeah," Indy says. "It does not apply here. Stetson's stay on," Lilith says adjusting Indy's Stetson. She smiles and nods then walks in with them. Inside, the bar is even more crazy than the outside and it's like no bar Indy has ever been in. It's more like a big barn than anything else. There are bales of hay everywhere that people are using as benches, a mechanical bull in the corner, and a bar that looks like it only serves beer or whisky. On a small stage at the back is a live band playing country music and in the center of it all is a large dance floor that people are dancing on. They look like they are having a ton of fun as they make the floorboards shake with their stamping. "There! In the back," Olivia says. Indy looks to where she is pointing and sees Austin and his brothers leaning on the end of the bar with beers in hand while they talk and laugh.

They head toward them. As they are walking Indy looks around and her eyes land on the woman she had seen the other day. She is sitting at a table with a group of chatting women. Only, she is not chatting. She is staring at Austin with that same sad look on her face. Indy feels sorry for her, she looks so sad. Indy looks away before she gets to Austin, she does not want the woman to see her looking at her. She needs to ask Austin about her.

"Hello, darlin'," Austin says with a bright smile as he turns around when she taps him on the shoulder. "You clean up nice," he says curling his arm around her and pulling her into him. "You have fun?" he asks pecking her lips. "I did. They are so nice and they feel like sisters," she says. "That's because they are," he says picking up a beer and handing it to her. The music is loud and very happy, Indy feels like it transports her to a happy place. She does not know where that is exactly but she thinks it has something to do with that mountain they all speak of. She has never been particularly fond of country music but her love for it has grown steadily since Austin's little shows in the backyard. "Miss Indy have you ever line danced before?" Burt asks. "Line danced? No," she says. "Oh now that's a dam shame," Burt says, it looks like she has injured him with her answer. "Burt here, is the best line dancer this side of the Utah border," Josh says patting his back proudly. Burt puffs out his chest just as proudly and nods. Lilith, Olivia, and Austin all roll their eyes. "We will have to fix this atrocity, come on," Burt says taking her beer and passing it to Austin before he takes her hand. Austin does nothing but chuckle with Lilith and Olivia as he shrugs.

Burt tugs her into the middle of the dance floor and looks at her with a very serious face. "Dancing is almost as important as ranching. Just let the music take you away. Where is your favorite place to be?"

"Um...Austin's arms."

"Personally that sounds like hell. But, each to their own I suppose. Anyway, dance as if you are in Texas' arms - lose, free, warm, safe, and happy."

"Ok. I can do that."

"So...Stetson high," Burt says holding his head up and jutting out his chin. Indy copies him. "Hands on your belt buckle and your knees slightly bent," he says. Indy copies him again. "Now take eight side steps to the right, the last step is a just touch," he says taking eight steps to the right and tapping his foot on the last step. Indy copies him again.

"Now take eight steps to the left."

Once again Indy copies him. "Then eight heel steps in place. Last, do eight counts of stepping in place and turn ¼ to the left," he says doing the actions slowly as he explains. Indy watches him carefully and copies what he does. "Now we just repeat the steps over and over, be sure to keep your body loose, and don't be afraid to swing those hips," he says. "Is that all? That does not seem too hard. I thought it was going to be a little more complicated," Indy says. Burt lets out a loud laugh and lifts his hand in the air. "Steps are easy when they are slow, try and keep up," he says then waves his hand with a loud whistle. The music stops for a second and then starts up with a new song.