Stetson

Austin refuses to drive with Indy pregnant to Utah. Ten hours in a truck is no place for a pregnant woman apparently so he books two plane tickets to Salt Lake City and pays extra to have Miss Daisy, Peppermint, and Lucky to be crated and flown up. They are family too and need to be present for their announcement. So with the date set for them to go home, Indy's three weeks of hell start. It's three weeks of anguish and she gets no sympathy from Austin who chuckles at her roller coaster of a life.

It starts the same every morning.

She wakes up with a desperate need for Austin to settle between her thighs. He, of course, obliges. Pushing into her gently and teasing out her orgasm before he hops out of bed and heads off for his jog with Miss Daisy and Peppermint while she has to clean herself up and dress for the day. She just manages to calm her nerves before Evelyn phones. She has a little meltdown before she answers the phone and now has to lie through her teeth to her. She has to pretend she still has not figured out she is pregnant while Evelyn asks how she is doing. She feels guilty and desperate to have exciting conversations about the baby with Evelyn.
She also wants Evelyn's advice and wants to know if she is doing things right. She bought prenatal vitamins and wants to know what Evelyn thinks of them. She has also started sleeping on her back and she wants to know if Evelyn thinks she is being silly by doing that. There are so many things she wants to ask Evelyn, but she has to wait three weeks - the agony!

Austin also said something that scares the shit out of her and she wants Evelyn to either set him straight or calm her down.

"What do you think of a water birth?"

"A what?"

"A water birth. It's where I deliver the baby in a body of water."

"In...in a bathtub?"

"Something like that."

"People don't do that."

"They do. See, it's all here in this article," Indy says showing him the article on her phone."

"Stop readin' immediately. Get off the internet."

Indy giggles and goes back to reading. Austin stays quiet for a while but she can feel him looking at her. She leaves him to suffer with his thoughts for a bit then puts down her phone and looks at him.

"Speak before your brain melts, baby."

"Some things are only for you to decide-"

"No. We decide everything together."

"Most things, yes. But, how you bring this baby into the world is up to you. If you want to sit in a bathtub while pushing this child out, I will support you. You need to decide what's best for you. But...I do have a proposal. You don't have to say yes, I won't be angry if you say no. But, I would like you to consider it."

"Ok..."

"My grandfather delivered my mother and my aunts himself. My father delivered me and my brothers himself too. I would like to deliver this child and the rest myself."

Indy sits up straight and blinks slowly at him. "Where were they delivered?" she whispers. "At the ranch house," Austin answers. "Where in the ranch house?" she whispers. "On the floor in the lounge," he says. Indy stares at him with wide eyes. "Do you know how to deliver a baby?" she whispers. "I have been deliverin' calves since before I could talk, darlin'," he says. The heifers and calves are becoming a pain in her ass. "What if I want a hospital bed and a cesarian?" she asks. "Then that's what you will get. I won't complain, sugar," he says. "I...I will think about it," she whispers. "That's all I ask."

See! Absolute hell!

She also can't tell any of her friends she is pregnant because she wants to tell her family first. So she is sitting on this huge exciting news and can't tell anyone. She does sit Miss Daisy, Lucky, and Peppermint down to tell them. She makes it an official event but she only gets blank stares from them while Austin checks to see what drugs are in her prenatal vitamins.