Sisters

At breakfast the next morning Indy keeps checking everyone's faces in case they look at her funny. She doesn't know why but she is feeling guilty for sneaking out and then having sex in the barn. She doesn't regret it, she never regrets sex with Austin and she would do it again in a heartbeat. But, still, she constantly checks everyone's faces. No one seems any the wiser. She giggles to herself, she feels naughty. Like she has gotten away with a crime. She understands the thrill of seeking off to the barn now.

Halfway through breakfast Ren and Ace walk in. Ace says nothing as he hangs up his Stetson and sits down. Ren sits down too, next to Indy when she moves Lucky off the chair next to her. Ren leans in close and smiles at her then glares at Austin. "The funniest thing happened to me last night," he whispers. "What?" Austin asks. "After dinner last night I went to the pub. Picked up a nice filly. She had pretty blond hair and the biggest blue eyes you have ever seen. Brought her to the barn, but wouldn't you know it? I could not find the ladder," he whispers, still glaring at Austin. Austin grins and Indy goes red.

"Maybe you didn't look hard enough."

"I tore the wood pile apart."

"Now ain't that a dam shame."

"Mhmm," Ren hums and sits back on his chair. "I think the mountain air is good for you, Miss Indy. Your cheeks are rosy and your eyes are bright," he says softly to her with a wink. Indy looks away, hiding her smile on Austin's shoulder as he starts laughing. "Maybe it would work out better if you found yourself that girl," Austin mumbles. Ren glares at him. "Don't," Ren warns.

"Indy has some pretty friends..."

"Stop. I'm warnin' ya," Ren growls, Austin laughs. "Best get out the way, darlin'," Austin whispers. Indy stands quickly and moves toward the stove with Lucky. She has no idea what's going on and is a little nervous. "Ccccccc," Austin hisses calmly with a grin on his face while the other brothers notice and start banging on the table, encouraging him - Rens's face turns red in anger. "Stop it! I swear, Texas, if you say it I am going to clock ya!"

"Cccccity girl."

"That's it!" Ren shouts standing and launching himself at Austin who is still laughing. They land with a thud on the floor and roll around. They are not punching each other and Austin is still laughing while Ren tries to get the upper hand. He doesn't. The brothers are all cheering them on while everyone else ignores them. "Rough housin' in my kitchen will see you both unfed for dinner," Linda says stepping over them and handing a fresh cup of coffee to Ace. "I ain't apologizin' till Texas has learned his lesson," Ren shouts as Austin flips him onto his stomach then sits on his back, thanking Burt when he hands him his coffee. "She is comin' for Ya, Ren," Austin chuckles. "Damit! I am a lone ranger. A man of the Prairie!  There ain't no city girl that can tame me!" Ren groans then gives up struggling to get out from under Austin. "I mean it, mama, I ain't ever fallin' in love," he says grunting when Austin 'accidentally' elbows him as he gets up. "Of course not. You are a man of the prairie," Evelyn says rolling her eyes. Indy thinks she has heard Ren say that a million times.

Indy is still standing at the stove with Lucky hugged to her chest. What the hell just happened? Austin cleans his shirt off and sits back down in her old chair next to Ren, calling her back to the table and then laughing at something Ren says. "What just happened?" Indy whispers to him. He frowns then his brow smooths out with understanding. "We were just roughhousin'. I was teasin' him," Austin says.

"He is not angry with you?"

"No, darlin'."

"But, he attacked you."

"I beat his ass," Ren says. Josh scoffs. "No one has beat Texas' ass," he says, the rest of the brothers nod. "We were just playin', darlin'. No one is angry," he says. "Yeah. I love him," Ren says grabbing Austin's face and slapping a fat wet kiss on his cheek. "Get off me," Austin says batting him away. "Do I...am I...will someone be rough housing with me?" she asks nervously. She hopes not. Austin's eyes widen and he shakes his head while the brothers chuckle. "We leave the roughhousin' to the heathens. Jimmy and his boys. We are women, little dove, we have more sense than men," Evelyn says. Ok. That's good.