He looked at me as his personally changed back to normal, He is not this jolly when comes to work, but when the situation is of his women, I think he has split personality or something.

I taunted, keeping the gun in my pocket, "You are so fake sometimes..... more than those plastic bitches..."

Fred said, "And you?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, what does he means. Fred said, "You avoid the base, because you are afraid you will show your colors to your wife.... even when she knows most of it..... but you are afraid she will not like that side of you.... calling me fake?"

I said, "I am true to her.... that's enough...."

I warned, "Get back to work"

Cherish's POV:

Bruce passed me the phone as he said, "I heard you broke it last night..."

I whispered, "I lost my balance...."

I lied, I felt humiliated by Wade's words, I really did. I felt like I was getting mocked.

I heard him chuckle, I looked at Bruce, Bruce said, "you always lost your balance when you were kid.... I remember.... You then sat down silent when you use to hurt your knee or arm.... I do remember those days very well...."

I looked down I don't want to know about the past anymore.

Bruce said, "You are still losing balance... between what you have and what you don't....."

I face him, Bruce said, "I saw the card in your bag..... I asked Isaac about that boy too..... He isn't a fan.... Isaac said, 'Don't fall for her words, it's not worth it...'"

I scoffed, "You invaded my privacy.... I at least hoped better than you all... but you all are the same..."

Bruce fixed his jacket giving me the view of his gun, For the first time I saw a weapon with any man in my family. They never showed this side till I was unaware... and now they don't care.

My eyes were fixed on the gun as Bruce said, "We are Mafia, Cherish... You do not trust us....."

I made eye contact with Bruce, he said, "Don't worry.... I won't put hands on that loser.... anyways he is getting married, not our problem any how...."

I smirked bitterly, I whispered, "You and Isaac are the same.... selfish....... and arrogant.... I wonder what was true in my life..."

Bruce said, "For Isaac you are a competition ..... that's reason for his anger, but he cares.... he is your brother..."

My fist tightened remembering everything, I said, "And for you?.... I should know since I am staying here, shameless.... or I am getting special treatment for Riccardo's sake!!!"

Yet again, this anger is controlling my words.

Bruce got cold, he said, "You are our sister.... I do not need more words or relations.... You are our blood...."

I whispered, "Oh! come on..... you all profited something off me.... you said trust no body remember.... that means Riccardo's favor reached each of you..."

Bruce whispered, "It did.... You are alive and protected by him 24/7.... even in his absence.... that's all our profit... we are thankful to him...."

I looked away scoffing, they are not here to consol me, help me... but bashing the reality when I am struggling to accept every part of him.

Bruce placed his hand on my head he said, "See... you can't see what you have..... look at him removing your anger, you will find a different reality..... and about us, you are always welcomed, and you can blame us your entire life... we won't complain.... Just don't hate us..."

Bruce left after saying that, I picked up his phone, debating what can I do.

If I put anger away Riccardo has always been nice to me. He has always been kind to me.

Is forgetting everything so easy?

Next day,

Isaac opened the car door for me, he looks like he is here unwilling. But why would be come here to Uncle Theo's house to pick me up.

I stood there just hating on my brother, he didn't looked pleased to see me either.

Isaac said, "Aren't you getting in?"

Fred called to tell me Riccardo's order, he wants me to show up on a party. I must be there because I am Riccardo's wife, the hosts wife.

Surprisingly Isaac showed up to pick me.

Riccardo could have came himself, but like he will spare a chance to show he is mighty and holds anger against me. Then why he wants me to come anyways.

The problem is I still remember Isaac's words from that day, that I was nothing but a burden to him all my life.

Isaac said, "Cherish!.... are you listening?"

I said, "Mrs. Valentine..."

His face showed surprise, I said looking away from him, "I don't want to be related to you any how....."

I mean it.

Even if we are siblings we hate each other.

I said, "I will call Brother Bruce to drop me....."

I felt Isaac grabbing my hand harshly, I grasped as I felt the grip on my elbow. I cursed at him, "What...the.F"

Isaac pushed me in the back seat, he whispered, "Mrs. Valentine... my ass...." he looks pissed.

He banged the door close, while I was in the backseat as if I was kidnapped. I screamed at him as he got in the driving seat, "Isaac!!!"

He ignored me starting the car, I am so stunned by the amount of rudeness one can hold.

Isaac said, " Dad asked me to drop you.... I am not dying for this.... it's part of my responsibility...."

I want to laugh at his face for saying this. I really hate him, He never been a responsible brother to me.

Not in this lifetime.

But I decided to stay silent, since I am actually thinking about someone else right now.

Riccardo....

Runaway BrideOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara