Chapter Thirty-three: Freaking Out.

Start from the beginning

"Sure." Jace says.

"I'll be going now." I say, reaching for my shoes that I had taken off before getting into bed with Jace.

"Okay.....lemme get that." Jace says. He squats and helps me tie my shoe lace.

I try to prevent him but he simply taps my leg in signal to stay still.

"You do know I can tie my own shoes." I say.

"Well....I chose to do it today." Jace says, lifting himself up. He now stands on his feet and stretches out his hand to me.

"Milady...." He says.

I chuckle and take his hand.

We leave the room.

"Good night, Idris." I say to Idris who I see sitting on a kitchen stool.

"Night, Mia." Idris says to me.

Jace and I reach the apartment door.

Jace opens the door for me.

"And this is the part where we say good night to each other." Jace says.

"Yeah. Good night, babe." I say.

"Good night, my love." Jace says.

He pecks my forehead.

I blush in return and finally walk out of the apartment.

**************
Jace's POV.........

Mia blushes after I peck her forehead and walks out of the apartment.

I close the door.

There's something that has been happening whenever Mia and I are about to......let's say have sex.

Whenever it starts getting serious, Mia pulls away from me. She's done it like five times, including few minutes ago.

Although she finally explained her reason, part of me still feels upset.

I walk away from the door, to the refrigerator to take a bottle of cool water.

"Someone is finally getting it." Idris says.

"No one is getting anything, Idris." I say coldly.

"Why again? What's going on?" Idris asks.

I gulp down half of the water and drop the bottle on the counter with a thud.

"I don't know if I'm even supposed to tell you this." I say.

"What is it about?" Idris asks.

"It's about my sex life with Mia." I say.

"Oh....I'm not usually interested in hearing about people's sex lives but if you wanna talk about it, I'm all ears and it's safe with me." Idris says.

"Okay.....you remember that night I came home with bruise on my face, I told you I got into a fight with the asshole that was harassing Mia." I say.

"Yeah, I remember. You also said he happened to be the one you caught with Alexa on the day you guys broke up." Idris says.

"Yes." I say.

"What about that night?" Idris asks.

"Mia and I kinda got intimate that night but it didn't last. She pulled away from me and we were kinda interrupted too. Her friends came into her room right after she pulled away from me. I thought that maybe she wasn't ready, that maybe I'm being too fast when I already told her I'd take things slow with her but then she did it the next day." I say.