28 - Start Line: Neo

Start from the beginning

He gave the doctors the information they needed to heal him.

He brought in Momo Yaoyorozu to recreate his unique blood, ensuring that he would live.

"Humans as a species are harmful to me," There was not only one wince at that statement, "but Katsuki Bakugou is the first to prove that isn't entirely true."

Now this got their complete undivided attention. Katsuki was the first to prove humans weren't as hostile as he thought. Were they talking about the same person? You know, "Die" after every sentence, ready to literally blow a fuse every other second, Katsuki? That Katsuki Bakugou?

Neo didn't care for the confusion in the other humans' expressions. If Katsuki had not appeared on that day. If his escape had failed... He would have ended his own existence to escape his own agony.

He would have used all of the energy he'd gathered and self-detonated himself and every living thing within 10 miles of him. It would have been a catastrophe unlike anything they'd seen, and all of that... that future, was stopped through the actions and presence of Katsuki Bakugou.

Looking at the vast sky, he stated, "I would not know that the world was more than pain without you. There is no other human like you."

To Neo, there would never be another human like Katsuki. No other human could take his place. No one but the few that saw his memories knew of this fact, no... felt this fact.

"Katsuki Bakugou's talent is being Katsuki Bakugou."

Katsuki was left in the same state as Eri; for the first time, he hardly knew what to say at all. "D-damn right."

He was totally expecting that profound of an answer. Completely. Absolutely.

"Awww!" Mina and the girls cooed at the heartwarming sight not a second later, ruining the touching moment.

"Shut the fuck up."

"PFFT." Mina was a daredevil. Just like Mirio, she was recording this entire scene from a different angle. "How about✨No✨?"

Several veins burst as his face morphed into that amazing, pissed-off expression, "YOU LEARNED THAT FROM THAT SPARKLE BASTARD!"

"✨Maybe✨?"

"AAAUUUGGGGGHHHH!"

"Oh shit."

And the chase began, leaving the children utterly confused. Neo quickly held onto her Eri as he watched them run around. Despite the anger that was displayed on Katsuki's face, his soul read that he was happy, and having what they called 'fun'.

What helped them feel so... free?

Neo, for the first time, was experiencing the brightness of the world around him. There was laughter. There was hope. There was light. He never knew that this world could seem so large. He was surrounded by wonders he could have never thought of.

But he could barely understand it. He wanted to understand.

"This class is performing something, correct?"

"Yeah." There was a profound look on Mirio's face. When Neo peaked at the others in their little group, they were just as determined. "They worked hard for it, so let's go cheer them on, okay?"

"Okay." Neo was planning to watch Katsuki anyway. He wanted to know more, see more. Maybe then, he would understand whatever it was he was currently feeling.

There was no longer a need to hide.

There was no longer pain.

But while positive feelings were present thanks to the Amity that he'd procured, there was a sense of... emptiness.