15 - Safe Place

Unit 001 speaking: "It will look like this, hum..."

Unit 001 thinking: It will look like this.

Others who are NOT Unit 001 thinking: 'It will look like this.'

Unit 001's mainframe/AI: [It will look like this.]

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

-Before-

"Hey, guys," Kirishima greeted his friends happily. "Looks like y'all have been a bit busy?"

"Two hours." Mina said, exasperated, "How is it that no one has been able to catch that kid even once in the last two hours? How many nurses, doctors, and even a few sidekicks have been running around this floor alone? And still? Nothing?"

"Kid's got mad skills, I'll give him that," Sero said, just as worn out as she was.

Doctors were frantically searching around the hospital, blinking pink lights and music seen and heard in every hallway. After the first 30 minutes of searching, some sidekicks from local hero agencies had come in to help. Here and there, they would hear some nurses saying they saw him, only to lose him again.

"He waddled away on his little legs and disappeared around the corner!" One nurse said.

"I tried calling to him, but that seemed to scare him more..." Another added.

"He just took off faster after just one look at me!" A large nurse sighed. "I don't bite... Does it look like I bite? Am I scary?"

It was a fair question to ask if you ever saw him.

"No, Anpu. You are a sweetheart. A puppy. A really big puppy." Lucio said, trying to help him feel better.

Anpu looked unconvinced. "I look like Anubis from Egyptian folklore, though? I'm probably as tall as All Might, I have sharp teeth and claws and work in the morgue," His kind mind delved further and further, "I scared him! I'm so sorry, little guy!"

Anpu was now sobbing in his little corner of shame. All Lucio could do was pat him on the back as comfort.

"But how is he evading us like this? It's maddening!" Another nurse exclaimed, trying to understand how that child was so fast and skilled after months in a coma.

"He'd pop up on one side of the building, then vanish and appear at the other!"

"Is his quirk teleporting?" Kaminari scratched his hair in frustration. For over two hours they'd been running around like headless chickens, the group was exhausted.

"Are you still looking for little Robobro? He was here a while ago."

Silence.

More Silence.

And then, all hell broke loose.

"What?!" Kaminari exclaimed, shaking the redhead's shoulders, "How'd he get in here without being seen?!"

"Which way did he go, Kiri?!" Mina came up to Eijiro with the same energy, joining Kaminari in shaking his shoulders.

"Was he okay? Did he hurt himself?" Anpu pulled himself from his corner of shame, his deep voice dripping with worry for the child. "Oh, I hope he's okay..."

"The deets, man, GIVE US THE DEETS!" Sero joined the trio in their questioning.

Each of them, collectively, was sharing one brain cell. It was focused solely on finding this kid, who, as it turns out, was legendary in the art of hide and seek.