13 - Awake

Art Drawn By Me! My first concept for Lucio!

Unit 001 speaking: "It will look like this, hum..."

Unit 001 thinking: It will look like this.

Others who are NOT Unit 001 thinking: 'It will look like this.'

Unit 001's mainframe/AI: [It will look like this.]

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

-1 Hour Prior-

It was a completely normal visit for Katsuki... if you excluded the fact that he had three add-ons: Sero, Mina, and Kaminari. Kirishima was also at this hospital after the Shie Hassaikai Raid, so the other three self-proclaimed "Bakusquad" members wanted to come with him on this particular weekly trip to the hospital.

"So, Bakugo, I was just a little bit curious," Sero started, "What changed your mind this time? Usually, you vehemently deny letting us come with you to see Robo-bro."

That was the nickname the squad had decided for our beloved Unit 001, promoted by our resident advocate of manliness, Kirishima.

"Yeah! You never let us come." Mina added, "And we can't visit him without you because of the top-notch security here."

"Mhm," Kaminari nodded, "If you aren't a doctor here, a hero, or you, they won't let you pass! Not even a peek."

Bakugou's eyes squinted at that, "You say that like you tried before."

"Uh... You're just imagining it."

"Yeah, we totally didn't try it."

"Nope, we would never."

Of course, they tried it before. Everyone in Class 1-A was curious about Unit 001. No, a lot more people than just them were curious. But the hospital and heroes close to the case weren't letting anything about the bot out into the open. Media? They'd only get a scoop in their dreams in regard to this hospital.

That was just how tight their security was. Especially on the ICU floors.

The squad couldn't even get passed the gate, let alone enter the ICU where Unit 001 was. The most they could do was send the child cards and flowers, hoping that portrayed their gratitude to him for saving their friend.

Bakugou had made it abundantly clear that he wouldn't be able to even answer them anyway. It was a sore spot for the ash-blond. He'd never admit it, but he wasn't happy for a long while after he was rescued. It was only recently that he began acting like himself more.

They had a hunch that it was because Robo-bro's health was improving in ways he could actually see it. That must have been why he finally let them come along, too. His health had gotten to a point that Bakugou wasn't... worried anymore.

It was that, and he mentioned something that made them stop asking.

Their self-proclaimed robot little bro was afraid of people. Them visiting most likely wasn't something that he would have wanted.

The group had gotten together, thinking about all types of activities they'd try to do with the little guy to help him with his fear. As his self-proclaimed older siblings, they couldn't let him live his life scared, could they? No way!

Now, they were all standing outside the door to the first floor of the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital.

Before they went in, Katsuki turned around with a serious scowl on his face. "Don't be stupid when you go in there." He said, "No loud ANYTHING, no stupid shit, got it?" He repeated